Expose help

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Soon to be a MBP 15 inch, 2.2 ghz, 2 gb ram, dishwasher
Just got my new MBP today. Very happy with it except i cant figure out expose.

1. First of all I cannot figure out how to get that thing over the E while typing EXPOSE!!! This is not a mac issue its just ive never needed to use that until this moment.

2.In the expose prefrences all the shortcuts are there but when i try to hit f9 f10 ect.. it just changes the keyboard light level or turns it off ect. While this is great thats not what i want to use those buttons for. Am i supose to press the option button or something?? I am just confused. The only thing that works is f12 for dashboard. If someone could just point me in the right direction that would be great.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i7, MBP 2.2GHz, Hackintosh (retired)
for Expose on the MBP you need to use the "fn" (function key) because those buttons are assigned to the keyboard lights. You can change that setting in the Keyboard and Mouse setting in the Preference menu.

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
thanks got it now

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Macbook Pro 2.26Ghz Unibody 4G RAM 160G HDD Superdrive
Just got my new MBP today. Very happy with it except i cant figure out expose.

1. First of all I cannot figure out how to get that thing over the E while typing EXPOSE!!! This is not a mac issue its just ive never needed to use that until this moment.

Option-e then type an e and you will get Exposé. Trés cool, no?
Try option-any letter and explore what interesting characters you end up with. [Someone will probably correct my crappy French.]

2.In the expose prefrences all the shortcuts are there but when i try to hit f9 f10 ect.. it just changes the keyboard light level or turns it off ect. While this is great thats not what i want to use those buttons for. Am i supose to press the option button or something?? I am just confused. The only thing that works is f12 for dashboard. If someone could just point me in the right direction that would be great.

Funny, the Macbook doesn't have the extra keyboard illumination features, so my function keys work without the fn key. Didn't even think of it kind of getting in the way of the Exposé keys. But then, I use 'hot-corners' for my two favorite Exposé functions, and my Mighty Mouse 'squeeze button' for my most used Exposé function (All Windows.)

Exposé Exposé Exposé! ;D

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I will do that with the hot corners to lazy to hit a fn button all the time. thanks for the help! EXPOSÉ. There i got it

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.