MBP battery life

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
mid 2011 27" imac Core i5 2.7GHz, 8GB, 1TB
Hi All

Having recently purchased a 27" imac, and been suitably impressed so far i am now thinking of purchasing a 15" MBP.

My concern is the built in battery, does anyone know how quickly these things decay. In my experience with PC laptops the battery has halved in power after a year or so, and after 2-3 years they are next to useless, are the MBP batteries the same?

Many Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2009 MBP 15 Inch, iPhone 4, iPad 2
I wouldn't be too worried about the battery life on these machines. I have about 135 charge cycles on mine and I'm still at 99%. Just take care of it like in the link posted above and you'll love it.

Though I do want to mention: don't actually expect to get 7 or 8 hours of work time out of the battery. It REALLY REALLY depends on what you're doing and I only think you can get that type of time if you have the screen super dim, blue tooth off, only running word etc....But it does last a might good time. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
I've been EXTREMELY happy with my u-mbp's battery! It's 12 months old and still has about 97% battery life left! I could not ask for anything better than that!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 15"
My 15" 2008 MBP has about three or four hours on a full charge. However, there is something wrong, so I am AppleCaring it tomorrow... In addition to that, I have mose of the power saving features set high so the screen doesn't darken on me - breaking my astute concentration.
My mom's 2009 though can go pretty much all day - she doesn't even bring her AC adapter to work anymore; and charges it overnight at home.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.