Thinking about getting a mac.

Reaction score
Is there a Mac laptop that is less than $700?
If so, What's a good one?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15.4" MacBook Pro 4GB 500GB 2.4Ghz
I dont know about less than 700 but 700 for sure. Right now is a really good time to buy because the market is filled with used MacBook's because people are wanting to get the new MacBook. Check Ebay and Craigslist and you will find tons of great deals right now. Do it quick because the "Hype" for the new macs will ware off and people will just stick with there macs because they cant sell them.

Hope this helped.

OP
T
Reaction score
I dont know about less than 700 but 700 for sure. Right now is a really good time to buy because the market is filled with used MacBook's because people are wanting to get the new MacBook. Check Ebay and Craigslist and you will find tons of great deals right now. Do it quick because the "Hype" for the new macs will ware off and people will just stick with there macs because they cant sell them.

Hope this helped.
1.It can't be quick, it would have to be something I can save money for.(I'm only am 14 years old.)
2.I won't buy from Ebay, the only online stores I will buy from are Amazon or ones for local stores(Such as BestBuy, Circuit City, Walmart, Staples)

I have a question, how good is the battery on those? The longest laptop battery I have right now lasts 1-2 hours.

jah

Reaction score
I have a question, how good is the battery on those? The longest laptop battery I have right now lasts 1-2 hours.

there is a widget mac application, istat-pro (islayer.com) that gives me battery status such as: health=81%, cycles=250
i have a 1year+ macbook pro

the retail outlets you mentioned will only have new product. if not ebay than craigslist or apple.com if they have a rebuilt section.

look at a dell mini9 and or a eee-pc

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
eMac 1.42 GHz, 512 MB RAM, 40 GB HDD, OS X 10.4
Sometimes Amazon has used products for sale, but then you're dealing with other Amazon members and not Amazon themselves.

I bought my iBook G4 on eBay, and it's been great. I'm sure you can find a MacBook for under $700 somewhere else, though.

OP
T
Reaction score
there is a widget mac application, istat-pro (islayer.com) that gives me battery status such as: health=81%, cycles=250
i have a 1year+ macbook pro
What I meant was,
How many hours/minutes do they normally get after being charged to 100%?

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
What I meant was,
How many hours/minutes do they normally get after being charged to 100%?

It depends on the model and the manner in which the machine is being used - the same applies to any notebook. The current MacBook (when new) gets about 5 hours with the display at half brightness and using basic applications.

To answer your original question, no, there is no Mac laptop for $700 new. The others are suggesting you buy used. If you want a new Mac laptop, the lowest end model runs $999.

OP
T
Reaction score
It depends on the model and the manner in which the machine is being used - the same applies to any notebook. The current MacBook (when new) gets about 5 hours with the display at half brightness and using basic applications.

To answer your original question, no, there is no Mac laptop for $700 new. The others are suggesting you buy used. If you want a new Mac laptop, the lowest end model runs $999.
BestBuy has one for $849(new?). And the cheapest on Amazon is $725 which is used.
I don't think I need much help for looking for prices anymore. The ones I found are good enough.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
BestBuy has one for $849(new?). And the cheapest on Amazon is $725 which is used.
I don't think I need much help for looking for prices anymore. The ones I found are good enough.

They are probably closeout models, since the entire Apple notebook lineup was recently refreshed.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.0ghz Core Duo 1 Gig Ram 80Gig HD, iMac 2.4ghz Core 2 Duo 1gig RAM 320gig HD
What does that mean?

The old macbook line (white and black) were recently updated with a newer aluminum version which means that there will probably be some closeouts on the previous white and black macbooks

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.