iWeb 09 Update Released

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.4 ghz 320 GB HDD 2GB DDR3 RAM - iPhone 4s 32 GB Black
Apple have just released a new iWeb 09 update along with various other updates. This iWeb 09 update release is to apparently address the uploading of files through and FTP server. Finally !!! hopefully this means i can upload my files direct from iWeb rather than use Cyber Duck to upload all the files separately !!!! ....

I will report back on my findings ;)

Hopefully they will be good ones :)

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Apple have just released a new iWeb 09 update along with various other updates. This iWeb 09 update release is to apparently address the uploading of files through and FTP server. Finally !!! hopefully this means i can upload my files direct from iWeb rather than use Cyber Duck to upload all the files separately !!!! ....

I will report back on my findings ;)

Hopefully they will be good ones :)

Ok this is brilliant news people !!! Apple have fixed the problem where uploading to a server running Windows. It now works seamlessly and all my files are uploading. I have not checked to see if everything works but it should all be ok as the file names are the same its just uploading differently ... I will report back again if everything is ok :)

Btw my website is www.dauntlesseagle.co.uk

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yep website running more stable than ever. Looks like Apple have really pulled this off now !!! just checked the iPhoto update out aswell and they have added some cool features like on the places map you can move the map around with you fingers now and you can also pinch to zoom using the trackpad which is a nice clean feature. It was quite a big update ... 88 megs just for iPhoto if i can remember correctly.

Anyway getting off topic here. iWeb. Brilliant news. Now i can post my website and make changes MUCH faster than before.

One very happy Apple customer here ;)

Enjoy everyone !!!

Reaction score
Just to clarify about the images.

The first one is how i created it in iWeb. That is the way it should look. the Second is actually what is being drawn in the browser.

Any ideas?

Thanks for your help!

Reaction score
Problems with the update

I just updated iWeb 09 today. and now when ever i add an image onto a place holder various other images and text get all screwy. its very strange.

I'm not sure of the proper way of creating place holders, so i have been duplicating an existing place holder from the template and then manipulating it.

Has this behavior happen to anyone else?

Displayed in iWeb.png

Displayed in Browser.png

Reaction score
Just to clarify about the images.

The first one is how i created it in iWeb. That is the way it should look. the Second is actually what is being drawn in the browser.

Any ideas?

Thanks for your help!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.66ghz + many, many more :^)
From our experience dealing with a few hundred Mac users who have updated iWeb '09 - the patch seems to work for most people. There are some who still are having trouble uploading via FTP

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.