of doldrums

Reaction score
does anyone for-see a drop in the price of the ipad ay time soon?
i was considering buying but decided not to because it is too expensive to pay for a large ipod touch

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
When Apple starts having unsold inventory the price will drop. Until demand stops being sky high basically, and prior to a new release.

C

chas_m

When Apple starts having unsold inventory the price will drop.

Actually, no.

What Apple tends to do is release a new model at the same price. They don't tend to lower prices (recent Mac mini upgrade as an example).

But I don't foresee another model of iPad for at least a year.

The only hope I think most people have of getting an iPad for less than retail is to wait for refurbished ones to show up.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Actually, no.

What Apple tends to do is release a new model at the same price. They don't tend to lower prices (recent Mac mini upgrade as an example).

That's not necessarily true. Look at the huge price difference between the iPhone 2G and the iPhone 3G. They also have tended to lower the price of the Macbooks and Macbook Pros with many new releases. If anything, I think Apple has shown a tendency to lower prices, especially from the first gen to second gen of a new product...look at iPods as another great example.

But I don't foresee another model of iPad for at least a year.

I'm predicting late this year there will be a new version, at least to match the 512mb RAM of the iPhone 4 which will make the iPad better for multi-tasking when iOS 4 is available for it later this year....also would make sense why they're delaying the iOS 4 so much if they're expecting new hardware.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.