Can iPad use new iPhone 4 Micro Sim?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac - 2.66 Intel Core 2 Duo - 2GB DDR2
I was very close to buying an iPad over the next few weeks, but now everything has sort of been throw out of the window now the new phone is coming out.

My contract ended last month so planned on getting it anyway, but now I have found out the new iPhone 4 uses a Microsim, the question which leaves me to think about is.

Will the iPhone 4 Microsim work in a 3G iPad?

If so then this is great new, but im going to have to wait another few months maybe to get an iPad because of funds, by this time I will be considering if its worth getting one or waiting for a newer version to come out :)

Any help would be great guys

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Im sorry, I should of read the rules more clearly, thought it would be appropriate as im talking about two pieces of hardware, thanks for re-directing me though.

Anyways, has this been confirmed to work or just speculation until release?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 08 macbook 2.0 4gig 320hdd10.7.3 32 gig iPhone 4s
Im sorry, I should of read the rules more clearly, thought it would be appropriate as im talking about two pieces of hardware, thanks for re-directing me though.

Anyways, has this been confirmed to work or just speculation until release?

gonna be fairly hard to confirm seeing as how NO ONE has the new phone .....

Clay

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
elicit ular

Fair point :)

Just wondered if Apple had said anything about it because I could not find any information when I looked

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
gonna be fairly hard to confirm seeing as how NO ONE has the new phone .....

Clay

Just email Gizmodo. They had a good hands on use of one :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.7 GHz Mac Pro, 30" HD cinema display, 12 GB 1867 MHz DDR3 RAM
Yes, with an adaptor tray. The SIM connector size is the same, the body size is smaller.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
I'm guessing that Apple, or more specifically, AT&T, have already thought of this and figured out a way to keep iPhone 4 owners from sneaking 3G connection to their iPads. Having said that, I would also assume there will probably be some enterprising developers out there that will make it possible via jailbreak.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP Unibody 2.53Ghz 4GB RAM 250GB HD,VERIZON iPhone 4,SIG P238 ,iPad,6th Gen iPod NANO
I'm guessing that Apple, or more specifically, AT&T, have already thought of this and figured out a way to keep iPhone 4 owners from sneaking 3G connection to their iPads. Having said that, I would also assume there will probably be some enterprising developers out there that will make it possible via jailbreak.

From what I have been reading the hackers are going to have a field day with the iPhone 4. I read they were already working on a hack to make face time work on 3G and not just wifi.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15" 2.66Ghz C2D 4GB ram 320GB HDD
With AT&Ts new dataplans, would it be even worth while to use video calling on the new iphone. With Unlimited data it would be nice but with the 2GB cap AT&T will probably force new iphone users to get its not really worth it.

EDIT: Data is data and if the new iphone uses micro SIMs then it should not be hard to just use the ipad data plan on a iphone4

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
From what I have been reading the hackers are going to have a field day with the iPhone 4. I read they were already working on a hack to make face time work on 3G and not just wifi.

That hack already exists. There is a jailbreak app that makes your phone think it's on Wi-Fi when it's really on 3G. This was used primarily for VOIP applications like Skype. I don't see why it also wouldn't work for video chatting.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 13" Mid-2015.
Other than 3g may not be enough to form a solid chatter free video connection.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.