Apple Mail pushed to IPad

Reaction score
Hi,

I have just joined the community and hope you can help me out solving my synchronising issue.

I run Apple mail on my iMac and have now bought an IPad and thought if I joined the ICloud I would automatically have all my emails sitting on my IMac pushed to my IPad.

I think if you could have all your mail on the IMac and IPad fully in sync that would be great but I have not been able to work out how make that happen.

Could someone please advise if this is in fact possible or if I just have to resort accessing emails on my IPad via Web-mail.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Hi and welcome to the forums Ausmail.

This can be done quite simply. I have 2 accounts from 4 on my MBP on my iPhone. 1 cloud based and the other set up as normal mail and have that set to have inbox and sent pushed. Open the Mail App on your iPad and follow the instructions to add a account.
But what OS are you running on your iMac ?? If you want the Mail cloud based you will have to have Lion running, and if you don't have Lion, you can set up Mail on your iPad as just mail client to have certain boxes pushed as i stated above that i have.

Cheers

Cheers

OP
A
Reaction score
Hi and welcome to the forums Ausmail.

This can be done quite simply. I have 2 accounts from 4 on my MBP on my iPhone. 1 cloud based and the other set up as normal mail and have that set to have inbox and sent pushed. Open the Mail App on your iPad and follow the instructions to add a account.
But what OS are you running on your iMac ?? If you want the Mail cloud based you will have to have Lion running, and if you don't have Lion, you can set up Mail on your iPad as just mail client to have certain boxes pushed as i stated above that i have.

Cheers

Cheers

Hi TatooedMac,

I run Lion and I did set up an ICloud account on my IPad the other day but I still don't get emails pushed from my IMac. I can send an email from my IPad to my IMac using my normal email address and I can send an email from my IMac to my IPad using my Me address.

It is probably a silly question but should these addresses be identical?

OP
A
Reaction score
Hi TatooedMac,

I run Lion and I did set up an ICloud account on my IPad the other day but I still don't get emails pushed from my IMac. I can send an email from my IPad to my IMac using my normal email address and I can send an email from my IMac to my IPad using my Me address.

It is probably a silly question but should these addresses be identical?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.