Save as and attach file problems

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Dual 2 GHz PowerPC G5
I'm new to the forum and hope I am in the right place. If not, please forgive and point me in the right direction.

Running PPC G5 with Adobe Creative Suite and MS Office. Just the other day I started having a problem with saving files and attaching files. When in a program like Illustrator, I go to save a file and pick the folder (MAC HD/MacFiles/Artwork/Filename.eps. When I reopen that file and make changes and go to "save as", I am returned to MacFiles instead of Artwork.

In the dialog box, it always takes me back to the preceeding folder instead of the actual folder needed. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the Adobe software and that makes no difference. Similar peroblem when attaching files through Entourage, instead of taking me to the last folder I was in, I am directed to Users/myname/Documents every time.

Sorry so long. Can anyone help me resolve this problem? Do I really need to run a clean sweep on the G5 and start from scratch?

Thanks,
Andrew

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 5.1 | iMac 7.1 | iMac 12.1 | iMac 19.1 | iPhone 11 Pro | Watch s5
This isn't an OS or Program issue. Its a setting somewhere... and I can't remember where it is. I'll try to recall for you though...

OP
R
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Dual 2 GHz PowerPC G5
This isn't an OS or Program issue. Its a setting somewhere... and I can't remember where it is. I'll try to recall for you though...

Oh that would be amazing. Please let me know what this is, it's driving me nuts.

Thanks,
Andrew

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
you might need to delete your preferences or caches for the application that is giving you a problem...but im not completely sure if that will help

-chris

OP
R
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Dual 2 GHz PowerPC G5
you might need to delete your preferences or caches for the application that is giving you a problem...but im not completely sure if that will help

-chris

Yeah I tried that first thing and no help. It's got to be a setting, but I can't find it.

Reaction score
For starters, create a new user account and report back if the problem persists. You could also download a maintenance app like OnyX and give your system a spring clean.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 5.1 | iMac 7.1 | iMac 12.1 | iMac 19.1 | iPhone 11 Pro | Watch s5
I think it might just be the way the progam works. Because in photoshop, if I save a file to the desktop, then throw that file in the trash... create a new photoshop document and save the new one, photoshop will think you want to save this new file in the same place as the old file. IN THE TRASH! haha. Apparently photoshop thinks I'm not that great an artist because it wants to store my files directly into the trash =)

OP
R
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Dual 2 GHz PowerPC G5
For starters, create a new user account and report back if the problem persists. You could also download a maintenance app like OnyX and give your system a spring clean.

I created a test account and the problem is not present when doing that. This leads me to believe it's a network problem and have contacted IT about it. I only experienced the issue when connected through the test account. when not connected it performed as I wanted it to.

Anything I can do on my end?

Thanks

OP
R
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Dual 2 GHz PowerPC G5
I think it might just be the way the progam works. Because in photoshop, if I save a file to the desktop, then throw that file in the trash... create a new photoshop document and save the new one, photoshop will think you want to save this new file in the same place as the old file. IN THE TRASH! haha. Apparently photoshop thinks I'm not that great an artist because it wants to store my files directly into the trash =)

Well that's just it. I want it to take me back to the last place I was and right now it's not doing that, it's taking me one step before where I was. I think it's a network issue, but I would like to try and fix this a bit quicker.

The IT guy is not MAC literate and I seem to do all the troubleshooting anyway. Thoughts?

Thanks

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.