Looking for some advice!

Reaction score
It was my birthday this passed weekend and my GF got me an ipad. This is great but now that this new rumor about the 2nd gen ipad is coming out early next year I dont know what to do! Should I return it and wait? In terms of the cameras I really dont care but a possible retina screen and lighter model would be sweet. Also seeing that I have an Iphone 4, there are many apps that run only on the retina display and I would hate to miss out on apps because of the older screen. Let me know what you guys all think!

Reaction score
You can use retina iPhone apps on the pad, as the pad's larger size makes up for the lack of pixel density.

In fact current retina apps are pret well suited to the ipad as it is now. I find it VERY unlikely that the second ipad will have a retina display, as the resolution would be INSANE and it would cause major developer fragmentation.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPad Pro 12.9 latest iOS
I think you should be grateful with a girlfriend like that and enjoy the iPad :)

The iPad 2 will have some new features for sure, but the question is if you need these new ( rumored ) features.

Cheers ... McBie

C

chas_m

No, the iPad will not be "radically redesigned."

If there is to be an iPad 2 next year, it is likely to appear in late April (at the earliest -- Apple can barely make enough iPads to meet demand now!).

If I were you I would enjoy your very generous present from a clearly thoughtful and considerate GF.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" LED iMac
No, the iPad will not be "radically redesigned."

If there is to be an iPad 2 next year, it is likely to appear in late April (at the earliest -- Apple can barely make enough iPads to meet demand now!).

If I were you I would enjoy your very generous present from a clearly thoughtful and considerate GF.

100% with you.

I dont think they will make it lighter. Or redesign anything. Theres no need at this moment. Apple will be doing what they do best. Add little things to it, to bring in more turnover. Like the cameras, which i wont be changing my iPad just to take a picture.

Just enjoy the gift dude :) . By the way. Whats she say to all this returning talk ? lol just curious.

~Joe.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air 13-inch, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD, Intel Core i7 Processor
Well, the iPad 2 will most likely have 2 cameras, thinner design, lighter weight, gyroscope (for better gaming) and upgraded memory/processor. If those new features appeal to you, I would definitely return it. I personally would return it, wait for January & get yourself the iPad 2 :D Just my opinion!

C

chas_m

Well, the iPad 2 will most likely have 2 cameras, thinner design, lighter weight, gyroscope (for better gaming) and upgraded memory/processor. If those new features appeal to you, I would definitely return it. I personally would return it, wait for January & get yourself the iPad 2 :D Just my opinion!

You haven't been around women much, have you? :)

PS. No new iPad in January. See you next April.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
No one thinks that the ipad will be radically redesigned right?

No one can tell you. At this point no one knows what the new iPad will be or when it will be released other than Apple.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
I dont think they will make it lighter. Or redesign anything. Theres no need at this moment.

Considering that's the #1 complaint about the iPad, I'm pretty sure Apple will quickly try to find a way to cut the weight. I'm guaranteeing you that the iPad 2 will weigh less than the existing iPad.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2016 Macbook Pro 512g.15" 16g.ram Ipad2Air 64gb wifi+4g Iphone 6s 64gig
I am sure this the not appopriate place to post this. However I ordered an I pad on Friday Jan. 8th and said that it would be shipped within 24 hours. So I going to assume that it would be the following Monday. Now where does this exactly com from? Can anyone tell me an about date?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 iPod Touches and iPad
no opinions?
I'm on my third marriage. You probably don't want relationship advice from me, but I would keep the iPad and enjoy it now. If it turns out that the iPad2 has features you just gotta have, you can always sell it.

As far as the features of the next generation iPad and when it will be released, only one person knows for sure and he isn't talking!

stevejobs.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 iPod Touches and iPad
Now where does this exactly com from? Can anyone tell me an about date?
They are shipped by FedEx from the factory in Shenzhen China and it usually takes about a week... or so... if you are lucky.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2016 Macbook Pro 512g.15" 16g.ram Ipad2Air 64gb wifi+4g Iphone 6s 64gig
Thanks c4. At least I know where I stand. I thought I would get some sort of a confirmation via email.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.