• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Haaahhh! Look What I Just Got

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.4ghz/200gb/2gb/15.4"+ Tons of Windows PC's
I was looking at that macbook too (I'm in the market for a used macbook) and decided that I didn't want to risk the money for a seller with no feedback. It looks really great from the pics though.

Congrads!

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
Didn't you just sell your MacBook for around that much?

OP
xj6jaguar1985
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
933 Mhz Powermac Quicksilver,1.5GB RAM, OSX 10.5, Tangerine 300MHz Clamshell, OS 9.2
I was looking at that macbook too (I'm in the market for a used macbook) and decided that I didn't want to risk the money for a seller with no feeback.

Yeah but I'm paypal verified up to $2000 in case something goes wrong...It's no big deal to me.

OP
xj6jaguar1985
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
933 Mhz Powermac Quicksilver,1.5GB RAM, OSX 10.5, Tangerine 300MHz Clamshell, OS 9.2
Didn't you just sell your MacBook for around that much?

Yeah in much worse condition than that one, and it's older than that one...The one I sold is 1st gen ;)

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
Yeah in much worse condition than that one, and it's older than that one...The one I sold is 1st gen ;)

Hah, you totally lucked out. I thought that 500 bucks was going back to your dad though?

OP
xj6jaguar1985
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.4ghz/200gb/2gb/15.4"+ Tons of Windows PC's
Yeah but I'm paypal verified up to $2000 in case something goes wrong...It's no big deal to me.

When I look at the auction, I only see coverage for up to $200. Anyways, the guy looks like he is a legit seller, so I wouldn't worry too much about it for now.

That is one great auction for the PowerbookTi there.

Have a great night!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Unibody MBP (2009), White MB (2009), iMac G4
Man, it seems like every day I come on here and there is a thread with you getting another new computer. I get attached to mine and keep them for years.. It is fun to get new toys though.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Let's hope this one turns out to be the one for you. Wouldn't want to see you posting here in a few days complaining about what went wrong this time ;P

OP
xj6jaguar1985
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Man, it seems like every day I come on here and there is a thread with you getting another new computer. I get attached to mine and keep them for years.. It is fun to get new toys though.

That's Jaguar!!! :D...I really only wanted this TiBook and a MacBook...But man, when you can fix computers like me, and can get TiBooks for $130, resell them for $405, buy a like new MacBook with the money you get with selling your gross 1st one...It's hard to not say no... ;)

Let's hope this one turns out to be the one for you. Wouldn't want to see you posting here in a few days complaining about what went wrong this time ;P

Ha
Ha
Ha
Ha....
Ode d' 2 previous MacBooks before this one.
#1: Took 3 weeks to ship out. Was in AWFUL condition. Situation was so bad with seller, seller lost eBay account.
#2: Mmmm what a beauty that MacBook was....Too bad it was stolen property...Thank God I got my money back.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Looks great. I hope this is the final Macbook for you! :D

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
why the final? maybe you will upgrade a new released in the future

Have you read all his posts? He changes Macs like I change socks. :D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.