speakers for iBook

Reaction score
I have an iBook OSX 10.4.10 800 MHz PowerPC G4 with 1.12 GB DDR SDRAM.
(1) the max power on the internal speakers is not loud enough, any reasonable
outside noise drowns out the speakers. have all internal adjustments @ maximum. Still the same problem.Every time i find speakers on ebay etc. they have twin jack pugs but iBook is single jack socket. can someone suggest suitable brand speakers with single cable jack?:Grimmace:
(2) Can anyone advise if its possible to instal Leopard on my G4 iBook as don't want to purchase if won't work or slows it down with unknown other problems.:Confused:

pod

Reaction score
Have a look at JBL's Creature, Spot or Duet speakers...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.4 Santa Rosa
Klipsch Promedia 2.1 speakers...hands down the best sound youll get out of a 2.1 set under a few hundred bucks. HUGE amounts of thunderous bass, bright, clear satellites that play LOUD without distorting and their fairly inexpensive. In fact, i think best buy has them on sale right now for like 119 bucks which is a freakin steal for a set of THX certified 2.1's!

Reaction score
Klipsch Promedia 2.1 speakers...hands down the best sound youll get out of a 2.1 set under a few hundred bucks. HUGE amounts of thunderous bass, bright, clear satellites that play LOUD without distorting and their fairly inexpensive. In fact, i think best buy has them on sale right now for like 119 bucks which is a freakin steal for a set of THX certified 2.1's!

I second that! JBL consumer range is overpriced and not that great IMO. But hey, thats just me...

OP
S
Reaction score
Many thanks for info

To "Pod", "Jerrfylube", "Technologist" & "Henvan20" - Many thanks for the helpful info. Great having you fellas with wealth of apple info for us dodos.
Again, much appreciated !:) :) .....sabusforms

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP l iPhone l iPod
jbl creatures are very good for what i use them for. nothing wrong with them so far.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.