iOS 5 not syncing purchased Ringtones

Reaction score
I have just upgraded to iOS 5 on my iPhone 4. It's working great but my only issue is that I can't find my ringtones. iTunes says they've been synced but they dont show up on my phone. They are purchased through iTunes so I don't see why there would be an issue.
I tried rebooting the phone as well as de-authorizing and authorizing my macbook on iTunes.
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Edit: I finally got it to work!

I had to UNsync everything individually then re-sync them all.

Reaction score
having the same issue but i can't seem to fix it. guess i'll be waking up to 'marimba' in the morning :(

Reaction score
I had that same problem. Thank you for your advice about unsyncing and resyncing individually. For some reason it won't sync them if I use the all ringtones selection but when I chose selected ringtones after unsyncing them all, it worked like a charm. I appreciate your help. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP i5, 4GB, 500Gb HD, MBP372B/A, 15.6"
Got the same problem, sorry but can someone tell me how to un-sync ??? Having a moment or two today !!!

Thanks

[edit] Ignore ... got it !!!

Reaction score
Got it to work... I was moving it previously to the iphone ringtone tab but for some reason I have to do it through the other tab now... odd.

Reaction score
iOS 5 cannot get ringtones back

:Angry::Angry: after spending a total go 15 hours updating my two iphone sand iPad all I hear is insufferable marimba! I have tried unsyncing and resyncing with ringtones individually checked and I STILL hear marimba. I am that Apple missed this and hasn't bothered to address it. Can anyone help me?

Reaction score
I had the same problem, after a few attempts, I took the tick out of Sync Ringtones at the top under Ringtones in iTunes. Sync'd the phone, then put the tick back in, then also put the dot in Specified ringtones, ticked all, re-sync'd and they all appeared! hope this helps.

Reaction score
It Worked!

Thanks for your suggestions about unchecking the ringtone sync and then applying and then rechecking it and applying. It brought all my ringtones to the phone. :Cool:

Reaction score
I have just upgraded to iOS 5 on my iPhone 4. It's working great but my only issue is that I can't find my ringtones. iTunes says they've been synced but they dont show up on my phone. They are purchased through iTunes so I don't see why there would be an issue.
I tried rebooting the phone as well as de-authorizing and authorizing my macbook on iTunes.

Yay! Glad I saw this forum, it worked! Thanks.

Reaction score
not working for me

I have un-synced my ringtones. then synced them, tried one at a time....only will sync the tones purchased before upgraded to IOS 5. I downloaded 3 tones..(i-tunes) today...they show up in my library, but still WON'T sync. HELP!

Reaction score
Thanks

Thanks - saved me hours of grief!

Reaction score
Thank you!!!!!!!

THANK YOU SO MUCH I WAS FREAKING OUT :Shouting:.... BUT NOW IT WORKS GREAT THANK YOU SO SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!
:D :D

Reaction score
Ringtones not syncing to iphone

I have tried everything you all have suggested and I am still not able to get my purchased ringtones into my iphone.

I need help!

The Ringtones show an exclamation mark under devices tones. What does that mean?

Reaction score
I figured it out! With whatever update they did, they changed the folder name which holds your ringers in it. If you go to your iTunes folder on your hard drive, go in there and go into iTunes Media, you'll see a Ringtones folder and a Tones folder. Move whatever ringers you have in the Ringtones folder to the Tones folder and re-sync your phone and you should be golden.

Reaction score
Still no resolution

I've tried everything that you guys have tried, but my purchased tones still won't sync with my iPhone4

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.