Problems with System Extensions

Reaction score
Hello Guys,
I was wondering if some can help with the error
System Extension Cannot be used
"/System/Library/Extensions/CDSDAudioCaptureSupport.kext was installed improperly and cannot be used.Please try reinstalling it,or contact the product's vendor for an update.

I running 10.8.2 on my Macbook Pro and having difficulties installing my new Wacom Intuos Pen tablet software on it. I have tried reinstalling it several times but dint really help me.

Any Help will be much appreciated,
Many Thanks
Shrey
MacBook Pro (15-inch Mid 2010), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
I running 10.8.2 on my Macbook Pro and having difficulties installing my new Wacom Intuos Pen tablet software on it. I have tried reinstalling it several times but dint really help me.

Have you checked the Wacom Tablets box or manufacturers website…to confirm that it's compatible with OS 10.8.2?

Since OS 10.8 was only released a few months ago…and the software in the box may not be 10.8 compatible…the manufacturers website may have more updated software for the tablet.

- Nick

p.s. Even the message you got (in bold in your post)…says to check the manufacturers/vendors website.

OP
S
Reaction score
Hello Nick
Yes, I downloaded the latest driver from Wacom website which was updated yesterday.
The same thing happened when I tried updating the latest version of iTunes and i dint really work.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hello Nick
Yes, I downloaded the latest driver from Wacom website which was updated yesterday.

Can we assume that this driver is Mountain Lion compatible (you didn't say exactly)?

If the latest software isn't working…maybe:

- contacting the manufacturer
- checking out the manufacturers FAQ section
- or checking out the manufacture's forum (if they have one)

…would be the next step.

- Nick

OP
S
Reaction score
Hi Nick
I just restarted my Mac after downloading the latest driver from the Wacom site for the 4th time and luckily its all set up perfectly fine. Unplugged my tablet few times and plugged it back. It's picking up it up great.

Cheers ! :)

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hi Nick
I just restarted my Mac after downloading the latest driver from the Wacom site for the 4th time and luckily its all set up perfectly fine. Unplugged my tablet few times and plugged it back. It's picking up it up great.

Well that sounds great!:)

Sounds like it must have been some sort "strange" procedural thing (software install, reboot, plug/unplug the tablet). The important thing is it's working…congrats!:)

- Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.