Os x 10.5.8

Reaction score
Hello there. Thanks for reading this. I am using the white Macbook and I have some problems with the Time Machine and iMovie. I have backed up my impt files on cd until I get the Time Machine working right. I am more concerned about getting imovie working again. Now that I think of it I dont have iPhoto anymore either. I think I need to download and reinstall iLife09??? That sound right? If so, what must I do before dl'ing iLife. what files should be in the trash or uninstalled? Where can I find the iLife09 download file? Apple store?
Any help is appreciated. Thanks again.

A;)

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
I think I need to download and reinstall iLife09??? That sound right? If so, what must I do before dl'ing iLife. what files should be in the trash or uninstalled? Where can I find the iLife09 download file?

iLife '09 is not downloadable. You have to buy an install disk (e-Bay).

- Nick

OP
missA
Reaction score
buy it???... lol & you mean I have to actually leave my house to get this iLife09? Negative -
It's not worth it to me. Thank you for replying

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
buy it???... lol & you mean I have to actually leave my house to get this iLife09? Negative -
It's not worth it to me. Thank you for replying

Well you don't actually have to leave your house. You buy it from e-Bay or Amazon...then Fed Ex or UPS delivers it to your door.

So technically you may have to:

- put some clothes on
- open your front door
- bend over to pick up the box
- bring it inside.

So I would think this doesn't classify as leaving your house!:)

Actually to complete this process...you could probably skip the clothing part!;)

- Nick

OP
missA
Reaction score
put on clothes??? What the heck is this.. 1996. Oh ok I just read your last sentence. Well, since I'm impatient and want it NOW or i dont want it at all. I'll see if i can get something equal to imovie (thats what i really need or an editing program thats similar) What I really would like even more than iMovie is Final Cut Pro, but I believe I need a newer version of OS X. The I tried to download the final cut express that came out in 08. it takes you right to final cut pro download page everytime.
Ya know what.... I need a new laptop. The battery is swollen and needs to be taken apart so I can poke the darn package it lives in to let the gases out. This only happens with Mac batteries??? What is up with that. A new battery is like $130.00 ... maybe cheaper on ebay or something. But if my battery doesnt work right after I poke that hole, I'm gonna need a new laptop. not sure what the average lifespan of these white macbooks are... but this thing has issues. Hmmmm. decisions decisions

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
Swollen batteries can happen any laptop batteries. I remember SONY having issues a few years ago when they would rapidly swell and explode.

Depending on the model, OWC has replacement white Macbook batteries for $99.

OP
missA
Reaction score
Swollen batteries can happen any laptop batteries. I remember SONY having issues a few years ago when they would rapidly swell and explode.

Depending on the model, OWC has replacement white Macbook batteries for $99.
The batteries are different for macs. You can take them apart, can you take apart the sony battery. omg.... i feel like I should poke this thing soon. I'm thinking it may explode on my lap. I'm from cny too. smack dab in the middle of the state. Gloomy today.

C

chas_m

Can you describe the problems you are having with Time Machine?

The normal procedure is:

1. Plug in external hard drive
2. Reply "yes" when asked if you want to use it for Time Machine

and ... that's it really.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.