Wiping 10.5 & XP and re-installing 10.5 & Vista

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro - 2.2GHz, 2GB RAM, 128MB 8600M GT
As I need my laptop (MacBook Pro) right now for classes and what not I will not do this quite yet. However, over Christmas break I hope to wipe my drive entirely and re-install 10.5 / 10.5.1 as well as Boot Camp w/ Vista.

Currently I have XP and 10.5.1.

I know how to delete XP, just go to Boot Camp and change it to 1 partition. However, how do I go about deleting/formatting 10.5 as to wipe it entirely and re-install on top of it? Any way to do a secure format (write all 0's to the hard drive)?

Thanks a ton, I have a lot of work ahead of me over X-Mas break doing all of this and getting all my apps/settings back before classes start again on Jan. 7

I have an external hard drive where I can back up all of my downloads/music/documents, etc. so that is no issue.

The reason for doing all of this is because I did an "upgrade" install and I hate XP now. I want a clean install of both 10.5 and Vista so everything runs smoothly and I have the the two best Operating Systems on my computer. I may even tri-boot with a small partition for Ubuntu but that's a lot of work AFAIK. :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Boot from the DVD and then select Disc Utility from the TOOLS menu in the toolbar. Use disc utility to format the drive, selecting the OPTIONS button to do select the write all 0/1 to the drive option.

There is really no need to do this for OSX, it's not Windows.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)
Delete XP. Then boot through your Leopard DVD. Select clean install. After Leopard is installed, run the boot camp assistant.

OP
jhartford6
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro - 2.2GHz, 2GB RAM, 128MB 8600M GT
Delete XP. Then boot through your Leopard DVD. Select clean install. After Leopard is installed, run the boot camp assistant.
Seems way too easy, hah. Nice. TY. Will the "Boot Camp" drivers work with Vista as well? I assume they're XP drivers.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2.2GHz Santa Rosa Macbook Pro - 4GB Ram - 120GB HD OS X Leopard - Windows XP
yea, the drivers that are included with the leopard disk are xp and vista compatable. Once youre done installing vista, pop in your leopard disk, and the bootcamp/windows dirvers setup will appear.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)
Welcome to the world of easy...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.