iTunes Annoyance

Reaction score
Using OSX -- So no it's not a Windows issue, otherwise I would just chalk it up to the fact that Windows and iTunes are like oil and water...

However, when in the iTunes store any time I try to use the search bar it stops and loads a round of suggestions (sometimes about 15 seconds) before letting me type the next letter. Other times, it won't take my key input at all; or just decide it's not going to search.

I've tried re-installing iTunes; nothing seems to work... Any one else experience this and if so anybody found a solution? Besides just using the browser based store...

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Moved to more appropriate forum.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
What kind of computer are you using, how much RAM, and what version of the OS and iTunes?

OP
AdrianGrimm
Reaction score
What kind of computer are you using, how much RAM, and what version of the OS and iTunes?

Macbook White 13"
OS 10.6.7
2 GB // 2.4 GHz Core 2 Duo

This Mac is about 2 months old, and this didn't start happening until I updated to iTunes 10.2.1 (all prior versions whether Mac or PC never gave me this issue), same thing happens with 10.2.2.

I've scoured the net and can't find anybody with a similar issue or a solution obviously

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Have you tried repairing permissions recently? Also what kind of internet connection do you have?

OP
AdrianGrimm
Reaction score
Have you tried repairing permissions recently? Also what kind of internet connection do you have?

I'm on a home wireless network (Netgear 802.11n) no connection problems on any other Mac or PC in the house.

As far as the permissions, the only thing I did was change the iTunes icon a while back. Didn't begin having problems until a few weeks after that however. And like I said, I tried a fresh install of iTunes to no avail.

Granted this isn't a HUGE deal, but we always sweat the small stuff and if I can fix it I'd like to as it takes up to 5 minutes (worst case scenario) for the search to go through. When every other computer in the house is pretty much instant, all on the same network.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Open Disk Utility, in your utilities folder and run Repair Permissions on your drive.

OP
AdrianGrimm
Reaction score
Open Disk Utility, in your utilities folder and run Repair Permissions on your drive.

Just did, still no effect. I think I'll just use the "power search" option instead of the handy little quick search bar

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.