Mac OSX Mountain Lion Developer Preview

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Currently Running Mac OSX ML 10.8
Who downloaded the new OSX ML 10.8 Dev. Preview?? I downloaded it and its running so smoothly on my iMac 21.5-inch late '09! ;D

C

chas_m

Since it is limited to developers, not many people will have downloaded it. Also, it's full of bugs.

Hope you have good backups!

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Currently Running Mac OSX ML 10.8
Since it is limited to developers, not many people will have downloaded it. Also, it's full of bugs.

Hope you have good backups!

Yes it absolutely does have allot of bugs! But It has been running very smoothly for me and it hasn't been giving me any trouble! :) But there are apps that do not open! Little snitch, ScreenFlow, Xcode for Lion, and Parallels do not open! I guess I'm stuck with it until it comes out this summer. :( But no worries, I only use my iMac for music and internet, not that much important info.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro Core2 Duo 4Gb Ram / Powermac G5 2 TB RAID , 16GB Ram Running Leopard
Yep it is full of bugs, I installed it today after having a new larger hard drive installed in my Mac Book Pro and I lost everything when the installed failed. Fortunately I have my original hard drive and will see if I can get it cloned back on to the new one. I should have known better and performed a time machine backup before doing so.

Reaction score
Who downloaded the new OSX ML 10.8 Dev. Preview?? I downloaded it and its running so smoothly on my iMac 21.5-inch late '09! ;D

I'm currently downloading it. is it possible to install the OS on an external (USB) HDD? If then, are there any possibilities that the new os installation could mess up my current (Lion) installation?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro Core2 Duo 4Gb Ram / Powermac G5 2 TB RAID , 16GB Ram Running Leopard
I'm currently downloading it. is it possible to install the OS on an external (USB) HDD? If then, are there any possibilities that the new os installation could mess up my current (Lion) installation?

Yes see my above post ! It could mess up your current install. I'm not sure about placing it on external media as I was not given that option.

Reaction score
Yes see my above post ! It could mess up your current install. I'm not sure about placing it on external media as I was not given that option.

Thanks for the reply. But I proceeded with the installation on the external HDD and currently both my Lion OS and the Mountain Lion works perfectly.

Even though ML is running off an external media still I see a performance improvement. graphics seems to be a bit more smoother than Lion

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
I'm going to close this thread.

OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion) is under development at the time of this writing. Although there is a "Developer Preview" available, it is not a "public" beta, and therefore not open to ordinary users. Developers who are officially registered with Apple and eligible for this beta have their own support forums and discussion areas where they can discuss the product without violating the limitations of their agreements with Apple.

As such, we won't be allowing this kind of discussion until 10.8's eventual release later this year. Thanks for understanding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.