Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 68
  1. #1
    Obama's Train Ride and Inauguration
    cheesybanana's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 13, 2007
    Location
    Akron, Ohio
    Posts
    939
    Specs:
    C2D MacBook Pro
    Obama's Train Ride and Inauguration
    Thoughts?

    Personally, I was watching old videos of FDR's first inauguration and it reminded me that with all the cautious skepticism that I have, there is a possibility that he could become a great president. And the same cheering crowds that were out there for FDR are out cheering Obama all the way to Washington.

    It just seems so fairytale American politics I can't resist getting excited seeing it
    Dost thou think, because thou art virtuous, there shall be no more cakes and ale?

  2. #2
    Obama's Train Ride and Inauguration

    Member Since
    Sep 07, 2008
    Posts
    123
    Specs:
    TiBook - 800MHz/1gb/30gb/combo/500gb external
    here's a thought, he's just another president. destined be another screwup.

    anyone else tired of hearing the constant newsfeeds about him?

  3. #3
    Obama's Train Ride and Inauguration
    eric's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 04, 2006
    Location
    twin cities, mn, usa
    Posts
    8,708
    i am giddy. maybe too much so.

    i do believe he will help get us back on track financially and undo the damage done to our global reputation by past leadership for the last, well, since before i was born in 1970. anything more will be a bonus, but i am hopeful.
    Please participate in our Member of the Month polls. Every vote counts! And remember to use the user reputation system!
    ["Dear Homer, I. O. U. one emergency donut. Signed, Homer." - Note by Homer Simpson]

  4. #4
    Obama's Train Ride and Inauguration
    cwa107's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 20, 2006
    Location
    Lake Mary, Florida
    Posts
    26,758
    Specs:
    15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lump View Post
    here's a thought, he's just another president. destined be another screwup.

    anyone else tired of hearing the constant newsfeeds about him?
    You're just a ray of sunshine, aren't you?
    Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!

    https://youtu.be/KHZ8ek-6ccc

  5. #5
    Obama's Train Ride and Inauguration
    BlueMac's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 01, 2008
    Location
    Rhinebeck, NY
    Posts
    1,056
    Specs:
    20" iMac 2.66 GHz... Running 10.5.7
    I really must agree with The Lump.

    6th period in school on Tuesday we are watching the inauguration. At least I get to miss art class.
    Flickr

    Last.fm
    Si, hablo Español. Oui, je parle français. Yes, I speak English.

  6. #6
    Obama's Train Ride and Inauguration
    cwa107's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 20, 2006
    Location
    Lake Mary, Florida
    Posts
    26,758
    Specs:
    15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD
    I personally find that unfounded pessimism is rarely productive.
    Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!

    https://youtu.be/KHZ8ek-6ccc

  7. #7
    Obama's Train Ride and Inauguration
    eric's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 04, 2006
    Location
    twin cities, mn, usa
    Posts
    8,708
    Agreed w/cwa.
    Please participate in our Member of the Month polls. Every vote counts! And remember to use the user reputation system!
    ["Dear Homer, I. O. U. one emergency donut. Signed, Homer." - Note by Homer Simpson]

  8. #8
    Obama's Train Ride and Inauguration

    Member Since
    Sep 07, 2008
    Posts
    123
    Specs:
    TiBook - 800MHz/1gb/30gb/combo/500gb external
    constant streaming of the same crap on the tv over and over and over and over and over and over again isnt productive either. all it does is serve to force the ideas into peoples heads that things just might be ok with something different, it is nothing more than a facade.


    when 9/11 went down, i was in class. it was a day i was actually trying to pay attention in class. but when the planes hit the tv's came on and we got to hear the same thing over and over and over again the entire day. i told them to shut the f'en things off so i could learn something in school. if i actually gave a crap what happened in ny i could look it up on the internet later.


    but yeah, i'm a total ray of sunshine. mostly cause i live in the lower caste of america and understand how things really work in this country. like having to worry about going to jail cause you cant afford to pay child support because there are no freakin jobs cause we lay off 500,000 people every year and still import another 140,000 every month. i pay attention to the crap that actually matters in this country. the crap that noone seems willing to change cause they would rather follow ideals that a new thing proposes but will likely never follow through.

    welcome to the divided states of embarrasment.

  9. #9
    Obama's Train Ride and Inauguration
    swick's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 09, 2009
    Location
    Relocating to Amelia Island, FL.
    Posts
    53
    Specs:
    MacBook Pro 15 - 2.8GHz - 320GB ATA 7200
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lump View Post
    i pay attention to the crap that actually matters in this country. the crap that noone seems willing to change cause they would rather follow ideals that a new thing proposes but will likely never follow through.

    welcome to the divided states of embarrasment.
    1). you don't know that.

    2). I can understand how life must suk with a negative attitude. But I am not going to flame you or call you names because I gave 26 years of my life in order that you could beotch, moan, whine and praise just about anything you care to in America.

    3). You always have options... including residence in another country.

    Oh and as for the intended topic, God bless Obama. I sure as heck would not want that job. Best of luck - our country depends on it.
    USN RET. “God, Country & Fast Boats.”

  10. #10
    Obama's Train Ride and Inauguration
    eric's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 04, 2006
    Location
    twin cities, mn, usa
    Posts
    8,708
    the government shouldn't let you just slip through the cracks Lump, but they shouldn't have to pay for one actively making the series of poor choices that would normally lead to one needing to pay child support. ideally though they would take care of that kid if necessary.

    is it so bad that people have hope, especially people in the middle and lower class who've been getting the short end of the stick for so long?


    cheers to swick - thanks for serving.
    Please participate in our Member of the Month polls. Every vote counts! And remember to use the user reputation system!
    ["Dear Homer, I. O. U. one emergency donut. Signed, Homer." - Note by Homer Simpson]

  11. #11
    Obama's Train Ride and Inauguration

    Member Since
    Sep 07, 2008
    Posts
    123
    Specs:
    TiBook - 800MHz/1gb/30gb/combo/500gb external
    i dont understand why people think this country is worth fighting for anymore. people think diversity is such a good thing. its not. we used to be a country with structure and well being. now we are a melting pot of illegal crap and constant urban filth.

    i started out life positive and upbeat. experiencing how things are for people that dont make 6 figure has made my views change.

  12. #12
    Obama's Train Ride and Inauguration
    swick's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 09, 2009
    Location
    Relocating to Amelia Island, FL.
    Posts
    53
    Specs:
    MacBook Pro 15 - 2.8GHz - 320GB ATA 7200
    Quote Originally Posted by cwa107 View Post
    I personally find that unfounded pessimism is rarely productive.
    To say the least.
    USN RET. “God, Country & Fast Boats.”

  13. #13
    Obama's Train Ride and Inauguration
    swick's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 09, 2009
    Location
    Relocating to Amelia Island, FL.
    Posts
    53
    Specs:
    MacBook Pro 15 - 2.8GHz - 320GB ATA 7200
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lump View Post
    i dont understand why people think this country is worth fighting for anymore. people think diversity is such a good thing. its not. we used to be a country with structure and well being. now we are a melting pot of illegal crap and constant urban filth.

    i started out life positive and upbeat. experiencing how things are for people that dont make 6 figure has made my views change.
    Again - we all have options. Maybe you should consider yours. Good luck with that.
    USN RET. “God, Country & Fast Boats.”

  14. #14
    Obama's Train Ride and Inauguration
    eric's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 04, 2006
    Location
    twin cities, mn, usa
    Posts
    8,708
    to Lump...

    diversity is not the primary thing this country is about.

    also, i'm not sure what time period you're refering to as far as "structure and well being" go. we've had diversity for as long as this country has been one. and there have consistently been challenges. do you think black slaves, or irish or italian immigrants or factory workers during the industrial revolution (especially the kids) thought there was a general sense of well being when they were under the thumb of those who thought everything was fine and dandy?

    there is plenty wrong here, and always has been, but there is plenty right too, and there is the possibility of change (otherwise you'd have never seen unions, the new deal, or the bill of rights).

    you know that old saying, "i love my country, but i fear my government"? both halves of that saying certainly been more or less true at times - i've got real hope that this administration will get the ratio right.
    Please participate in our Member of the Month polls. Every vote counts! And remember to use the user reputation system!
    ["Dear Homer, I. O. U. one emergency donut. Signed, Homer." - Note by Homer Simpson]

  15. #15
    Obama's Train Ride and Inauguration
    BlueMac's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 01, 2008
    Location
    Rhinebeck, NY
    Posts
    1,056
    Specs:
    20" iMac 2.66 GHz... Running 10.5.7
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lump View Post
    constant streaming of the same crap on the tv over and over and over and over and over and over again isnt productive either. all it does is serve to force the ideas into peoples heads that things just might be ok with something different, it is nothing more than a facade.


    when 9/11 went down, i was in class. it was a day i was actually trying to pay attention in class. but when the planes hit the tv's came on and we got to hear the same thing over and over and over again the entire day. i told them to shut the f'en things off so i could learn something in school. if i actually gave a crap what happened in ny i could look it up on the internet later.


    but yeah, i'm a total ray of sunshine. mostly cause i live in the lower caste of america and understand how things really work in this country. like having to worry about going to jail cause you cant afford to pay child support because there are no freakin jobs cause we lay off 500,000 people every year and still import another 140,000 every month. i pay attention to the crap that actually matters in this country. the crap that noone seems willing to change cause they would rather follow ideals that a new thing proposes but will likely never follow through.

    welcome to the divided states of embarrasment.


    Ignorance is bliss, isn't it?
    Flickr

    Last.fm
    Si, hablo Español. Oui, je parle français. Yes, I speak English.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Obama Signing iPad
    By the8thark in forum Apple Rumors and Reports
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-24-2010, 07:26 PM
  2. Port for Microsoft Train Simulator?
    By gdscei in forum OS X - Apps and Games
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-19-2009, 03:43 AM
  3. Don't take the train.
    By Village Idiot in forum Schweb's Lounge
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 06-28-2009, 12:43 AM
  4. Train Derailment near my house!
    By Audio.Trench in forum Schweb's Lounge
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-07-2009, 12:41 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •