Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 68
  1. #46
    Obama's Train Ride and Inauguration
    skye's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 12, 2006
    Location
    Twin Cities, MN
    Posts
    1,224
    Specs:
    Macbook 2.0ghz coeduo 1GB RAM 80 GB HD SuperDrive
    Quote Originally Posted by XJ-linux View Post
    The same people elected them both: the American people. The elected position, POTUS in this case, is only as useful as the level of expectation and accountability we people place on the person in the elected position. If you think your job is over once you leave the ballot booth, you already have lost your elected official. You may as well go back to sleep for another 4 years and vote for change all over again. The President isn't as important as how closely the people hold the President responsible for doing what was promised. Just MHO.
    you know, i argue for this but at some point you get jaded like the lump. i look around and see people who watch fox new and spew talking points like they actually know what they are saying, sheep following the herd and i get jaded by this majority that i think is just simply too stupid to want accountability in their government so the support hilarious cuts to our personal liberties like the FISA junk, the Patriot Act, and giving the Federal Reserve a blank check while letting them do what they want with it behind closed doors.

    No accountability.

    yah, im jaded.
    Blog- My random musings as I document the spiritual changes I go through.

    "And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love." 1st Corinithians 3:13

  2. #47
    Obama's Train Ride and Inauguration
    baggss's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 10, 2004
    Location
    Margaritaville
    Posts
    10,310
    Specs:
    27" 3.4 Ghz i7 iMac-13" C2D Macbook-OSX 10.10.2 -64Gb iPad 2-64 Gb iPhone 6+-ATV 2-14Tb of Storage
    Quote Originally Posted by skye View Post
    you know, i argue for this but at some point you get jaded like the lump. i look around and see people who watch fox new and spew talking points like they actually know what they are saying, sheep following the herd and i get jaded by this majority that i think is just simply too stupid to want accountability in their government so the support hilarious cuts to our personal liberties like the FISA junk, the Patriot Act, and giving the Federal Reserve a blank check while letting them do what they want with it behind closed doors.

    No accountability.

    yah, im jaded.

    What, so only those who watch Fox news are bad people who could care less? Are the viewers of CNN and MSNBC simply better people because they have a left leaning slant vice a right leaning slant? It cuts both ways and you may want to be careful how you classify people based on your perceptions. Not all of us who are more to the right are idiots, nor are all that are to the left.

    As for the blank check, expect more of the same after today just on a larger scale. Accountability isn't just going to happen, not with the folks running Congress in charge. They'll simply pick and choose whom they want to hold accountable and whom they don't.


  3. #48
    Obama's Train Ride and Inauguration
    eric's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 04, 2006
    Location
    twin cities, mn, usa
    Posts
    8,708
    baggss, i know you understand the concept of subsets, don't pretend like you don't.
    Please participate in our Member of the Month polls. Every vote counts! And remember to use the user reputation system!
    ["Dear Homer, I. O. U. one emergency donut. Signed, Homer." - Note by Homer Simpson]

  4. #49
    Obama's Train Ride and Inauguration
    baggss's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 10, 2004
    Location
    Margaritaville
    Posts
    10,310
    Specs:
    27" 3.4 Ghz i7 iMac-13" C2D Macbook-OSX 10.10.2 -64Gb iPad 2-64 Gb iPhone 6+-ATV 2-14Tb of Storage
    No, I understand but when one group is called out like they are the only ones, it tends to get offensive. Stupidity abounds everywhere but to allude that it is only one group is silly and short sighted. To be blunt, skye alluded to those on the right and more or less only those on the right. Frankly, I take offense to that.


  5. #50
    Obama's Train Ride and Inauguration
    eric's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 04, 2006
    Location
    twin cities, mn, usa
    Posts
    8,708
    that was in response to my post, baggss, not skye's. you know, subsets:
    everyone on the planet
    \/
    everyone in the us
    \/
    everyone who normally votes
    \/
    people who normally vote liberal

    and so on.

    maybe the post was a bit wordy, but i stand behind the logic.
    Please participate in our Member of the Month polls. Every vote counts! And remember to use the user reputation system!
    ["Dear Homer, I. O. U. one emergency donut. Signed, Homer." - Note by Homer Simpson]

  6. #51
    Obama's Train Ride and Inauguration
    XJ-linux's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 02, 2007
    Location
    Going Galt...
    Posts
    3,418
    Specs:
    MacBookAir5,2:10.9.5-MacMini3,1:10.9.5-iPhone6,1:8.3
    Fun stuff
    Never judge a man, untill you have walked a mile in his shoes...
    That way you'll be a mile away from him, and you'll have his shoes.

  7. #52
    Obama's Train Ride and Inauguration
    baggss's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 10, 2004
    Location
    Margaritaville
    Posts
    10,310
    Specs:
    27" 3.4 Ghz i7 iMac-13" C2D Macbook-OSX 10.10.2 -64Gb iPad 2-64 Gb iPhone 6+-ATV 2-14Tb of Storage
    Quote Originally Posted by eric View Post
    that was in response to my post, baggss, not skye's. you know, subsets:
    everyone on the planet
    \/
    everyone in the us
    \/
    everyone who normally votes
    \/
    people who normally vote liberal

    and so on.

    maybe the post was a bit wordy, but i stand behind the logic.
    Ah, gotcha.


  8. #53
    Obama's Train Ride and Inauguration
    skye's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 12, 2006
    Location
    Twin Cities, MN
    Posts
    1,224
    Specs:
    Macbook 2.0ghz coeduo 1GB RAM 80 GB HD SuperDrive
    Quote Originally Posted by baggss View Post
    What, so only those who watch Fox news are bad people who could care less? Are the viewers of CNN and MSNBC simply better people because they have a left leaning slant vice a right leaning slant? It cuts both ways and you may want to be careful how you classify people based on your perceptions. Not all of us who are more to the right are idiots, nor are all that are to the left.

    As for the blank check, expect more of the same after today just on a larger scale. Accountability isn't just going to happen, not with the folks running Congress in charge. They'll simply pick and choose whom they want to hold accountable and whom they don't.
    the viewers of any MSM puppet who quote the talking points as if they were what they actually believed after doing their own research are the ones i am talking about.

    sorry for any offense that seemed intended towards the right. i just chose FOX news because they are much more blatant in their political agenda while claiming to be fair and balanced.

    we won't have more accountability until we have a revolution.
    Blog- My random musings as I document the spiritual changes I go through.

    "And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love." 1st Corinithians 3:13

  9. #54
    Obama's Train Ride and Inauguration
    Derek McNelly's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 04, 2008
    Location
    Center Line, Michigan
    Posts
    1,587
    Specs:
    MacBook Pro 15" - 2.3 GHz Quad i7- 8GB RAM - 750GB Hybrid HD - OS X 10.8
    I don't care what anyone says, this is an exciting time to be an american.
    MacBook Pro 2.3 GHz Quad i7 - 8GB RAM - 750GB HHD - OS X 10.8
    MacBook 2.0 GHz Core 2 Duo - 4 GB RAM - 320 GB HDD - OS X 10.6

    MoTM February 2009

  10. #55
    Obama's Train Ride and Inauguration
    baggss's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 10, 2004
    Location
    Margaritaville
    Posts
    10,310
    Specs:
    27" 3.4 Ghz i7 iMac-13" C2D Macbook-OSX 10.10.2 -64Gb iPad 2-64 Gb iPhone 6+-ATV 2-14Tb of Storage
    Quote Originally Posted by skye View Post
    sorry for any offense that seemed intended towards the right. i just chose FOX news because they are much more blatant in their political agenda while claiming to be fair and balanced.
    As opposed to MSNBC which has no political slant at all....

    Quote Originally Posted by Derek McNelly View Post
    I don't care what anyone says, this is an exciting time to be an american.
    I disagree, but whatever. Enjoy!


  11. #56
    Obama's Train Ride and Inauguration
    XJ-linux's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 02, 2007
    Location
    Going Galt...
    Posts
    3,418
    Specs:
    MacBookAir5,2:10.9.5-MacMini3,1:10.9.5-iPhone6,1:8.3
    As opposed to how dull it's been prior to this???
    Never judge a man, untill you have walked a mile in his shoes...
    That way you'll be a mile away from him, and you'll have his shoes.

  12. #57
    Obama's Train Ride and Inauguration
    Kash's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 03, 2006
    Location
    Irvine, CA
    Posts
    9,385
    Specs:
    Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
    Quote Originally Posted by baggss View Post
    As opposed to MSNBC which has no political slant at all....
    Looked like skye was referring more to Fox's hypocrisy rather than stating that Fox is the only one with political bias. Though it would seem as though skye has general disdain for all forms of mass media, so I'm not sure why you keep taking offense at what he's saying.

    I just find it all hard to believe that Bush is finally gone. It's absolutely surreal.

    June 2007
    July 2009

  13. #58
    Obama's Train Ride and Inauguration
    baggss's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 10, 2004
    Location
    Margaritaville
    Posts
    10,310
    Specs:
    27" 3.4 Ghz i7 iMac-13" C2D Macbook-OSX 10.10.2 -64Gb iPad 2-64 Gb iPhone 6+-ATV 2-14Tb of Storage
    I find it sad that the whole ceremony was marred by people who were too immature to put aside the partisan rhetoric even for one day.

    The boos and the childishness displayed towards the outgoing administration by the crowd at the ceremony were quite disgraceful. These are the same people who will proclamation "respect the office" now that Obama is in charge, but they themselves didn't have the maturity to display the respect for 1 day. Then again, these are the same types who removed all of the "W"s from the White House keyboards 8 years ago today.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kash View Post
    I just find it all hard to believe that Bush is finally gone. It's absolutely surreal.
    Sad.


  14. #59
    Obama's Train Ride and Inauguration
    Waterpolo820's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 27, 2008
    Location
    the OC, SoCal
    Posts
    536
    Specs:
    2x 2.2 C2D MBP 15", 3x Mac Classic, Mac Mini, iPhone 3G, Clamshell
    Quote Originally Posted by baggss View Post
    I find it sad that the whole ceremony was marred by people who were too immature to put aside the partisan rhetoric even for one day.

    The boos and the childishness displayed towards the outgoing administration by the crowd at the ceremony were quite disgraceful. These are the same people who will proclamation "respect the office" now that Obama is in charge, but they themselves didn't have the maturity to display the respect for 1 day. Then again, these are the same types who removed all of the "W"s from the White House keyboards 8 years ago today.
    They are getting off easy if all they get is a couple of boos. i.e. War crimes..
    "In a world full of ordinaries,
    I will be extraordinary"

  15. #60
    Obama's Train Ride and Inauguration
    XJ-linux's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 02, 2007
    Location
    Going Galt...
    Posts
    3,418
    Specs:
    MacBookAir5,2:10.9.5-MacMini3,1:10.9.5-iPhone6,1:8.3
    Inauguration is over so signing off of this thread. It's been fun as usual and best wishes to all. We now return you to your regularly scheduled bureaucracy, already in progress... Thanks all!
    Never judge a man, untill you have walked a mile in his shoes...
    That way you'll be a mile away from him, and you'll have his shoes.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Obama Signing iPad
    By the8thark in forum Apple Rumors and Reports
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-24-2010, 07:26 PM
  2. Port for Microsoft Train Simulator?
    By gdscei in forum OS X - Apps and Games
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-19-2009, 03:43 AM
  3. Don't take the train.
    By Village Idiot in forum Schweb's Lounge
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 06-28-2009, 12:43 AM
  4. Train Derailment near my house!
    By Audio.Trench in forum Schweb's Lounge
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-07-2009, 12:41 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •