Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 28
  1. #1
    Running Windows on my iMac!
    BlindingLights's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 17, 2006
    Posts
    688
    Specs:
    iMac 17" Intel Core Duo 1.83GHz 512 MB Ram 128 vRAM 60GB HD
    Running Windows on my iMac!
    WOW, it is FAST!!!! It's amazing. I can't wait to game on this baby...
    the back of our computer looks better than the front of theirs


    Quote Originally Posted by Super_boy22
    i can store many dvds on 1 floppy so it's essential to me

  2. #2
    Running Windows on my iMac!
    dimagex20's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 03, 2006
    Posts
    202
    Specs:
    iMac Intel Core Duo 17" A Little Piece Of Heaven
    Haha, but just be aware that by just even being connected to the internet, that with out virus software, you will get a virus. Get some software immediately!
    It's all good.

  3. #3
    Running Windows on my iMac!

    Member Since
    Sep 30, 2004
    Posts
    3,378
    Quote Originally Posted by dimagex20
    Haha, but just be aware that by just even being connected to the internet, that with out virus software, you will get a virus.

    No you won't.

  4. #4
    Running Windows on my iMac!
    macEfan's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 01, 2004
    Location
    Somewhere in the world
    Posts
    1,111
    Specs:
    Powermac g4 400mhz, 10gb, 256mb ram, OS9
    It depends what internet sites you go to. If you dont go anywhere suspicious, you should be fine.. I guess its time to get a copy of Norton, just to be on the safe side...
    Report offensive posts
    Don't forget to use the rep system!

  5. #5
    Running Windows on my iMac!

    Member Since
    Sep 30, 2004
    Posts
    3,378
    Quote Originally Posted by macEfan
    I guess its time to get a copy of Norton, just to be on the safe side...
    I am going to have to disagree

    edit: I'll elaborate. There are better options...

  6. #6
    Running Windows on my iMac!
    Jeremy W's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 22, 2005
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    131
    Specs:
    17" iMac G5
    Here we go again...
    Oh, and, aahh, I'm going to have to go ahead and ask you to come in on Sunday, too...yeah

  7. #7
    Running Windows on my iMac!
    BlindingLights's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 17, 2006
    Posts
    688
    Specs:
    iMac 17" Intel Core Duo 1.83GHz 512 MB Ram 128 vRAM 60GB HD
    Oh god...

    Exactly. PEOPLE, I HAVE BEEN USING THE FRIGGIN OS FOR THE PAST TEN YEARS OR SO OF MY LIFE!!!(with the exception of the past two mac-filled months) I know what to do with Windows. I installed Norton Internet Security as soon as I loaded Windows. Then, Ad-Aware and Spybot, then Windows Defender and you're fine.

    Windows isn't a bad OS, and if people bash Windows in this thread, I will seriously consider leaving the site. It's just ignorant fools who have no clue what they're doing screw their computers on a good OS and blame the OS for their idiocy.
    the back of our computer looks better than the front of theirs


    Quote Originally Posted by Super_boy22
    i can store many dvds on 1 floppy so it's essential to me

  8. #8
    Running Windows on my iMac!
    BlindingLights's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 17, 2006
    Posts
    688
    Specs:
    iMac 17" Intel Core Duo 1.83GHz 512 MB Ram 128 vRAM 60GB HD
    Okay, good news- No kernel panic when I go back to OS X! So happy...

    BTW, did I mention windows runs FAST? I mean FAST. So fast that I can load a webpage in Firefox before you can say fast. I can load a huge battle in Rome: Total War before you finish this paragraph.
    the back of our computer looks better than the front of theirs


    Quote Originally Posted by Super_boy22
    i can store many dvds on 1 floppy so it's essential to me

  9. #9
    Running Windows on my iMac!
    dan828's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 12, 2005
    Location
    Ceres, Ca
    Posts
    670
    Specs:
    iPad 32 GB 3G
    Quote Originally Posted by BlindingLights
    Okay, good news- No kernel panic when I go back to OS X! So happy...

    BTW, did I mention windows runs FAST? I mean FAST. So fast that I can load a webpage in Firefox before you can say fast. I can load a huge battle in Rome: Total War before you finish this paragraph.
    Nice! I'll have to wait a bit to see how well it handles Vista, but I'm thinking I see a new Mac purchase in the next year or so.

  10. #10
    Running Windows on my iMac!
    baggss's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 10, 2004
    Location
    Margaritaville
    Posts
    10,310
    Specs:
    27" 3.4 Ghz i7 iMac-13" C2D Macbook-OSX 10.10.2 -64Gb iPad 2-64 Gb iPhone 6+-ATV 2-14Tb of Storage
    Quote Originally Posted by BlindingLights
    Windows isn't a bad OS, and if people bash Windows in this thread, I will seriously consider leaving the site. It's just ignorant fools who have no clue what they're doing screw their computers on a good OS and blame the OS for their idiocy.
    I'm not going to windows "bash" here, but I have been a longtime Windows user as well. I can't see how anyone can consider an OS that requires one to install several different 3rd party programs just to keep it secure and prevent it from from becoming infected, "good". When even the producer of the OS admits that some problems can't be fixed and the answer is to reinstall the OS on a regular basis, "good" definitely doesn't come to mind. I'd say it is acceptable to use if you take the proper precautions, but "good" just doesn't work. Mind you, I still use Win 2K and XP daily in a corporate environment and problems STILL exist with the locked down machines, so I'm not some random "Mac Head" throwing stones here.

    Now, if you secure it, it may be good, but the fact that you even need to secure it, in my mind, prevents me from considered it good.

    And I'm sorry, if you come to a forum called "Mac-Forums" and can't stand people disliking an MS OS, then maybe you don't need to be here to begin with.


  11. #11
    Running Windows on my iMac!
    dtravis7's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 04, 2005
    Location
    Modesto, Ca.
    Posts
    28,482
    Specs:
    iMac late 2007 10.11.b4, iMac 2008 10.10.5, Macbook2007 10.7.5, Mac Mini 10.7.5, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!
    Quote Originally Posted by mynameis
    I am going to have to disagree

    edit: I'll elaborate. There are better options...
    AGREED!

    I Dislike anything from Norton these days! :spook:

    I hope my dislike for Norton does not hurt anyone here, but most people these days on both sides of the fence have lost respect for Norton products. Way back when, I used to use Norton products on both PC and Mac systems, but of late they really have gone down hill.


    On my XP machines I just use a Free Anti Virus like Anti Vir. Never has a virus gotten through and hurt my machines in 3 years now of using it and it's free.

    Right now I use nothing on my Macs at all. There is no need at the present, but if the need ever arises, I hope there is something besides Norton avalible!

  12. #12
    Running Windows on my iMac!
    Ghostshadow's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 21, 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    2,075
    Specs:
    iBook G3 - You'll be missed.
    haha norton *rolls eyes*

  13. #13
    tenbellys
    Guest
    i bet it would run alot faster too if you dropped norton and got something else in is place

    note, im not bashing norton, im just saying there are better alertatives out there before i get bashed for bashing windows.

  14. #14
    Running Windows on my iMac!
    Avalon's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 25, 2004
    Location
    Luxemburg, Europe
    Posts
    1,779
    Specs:
    PowerMac G5 Dual 2GHz (June 2004), 2.5GB, Airport, black 5G iPod 30GB, white MacBook 2.0 2GB
    Quote Originally Posted by baggss
    I'm not going to windows "bash" here, but I have been a longtime Windows user as well. I can't see how anyone can consider an OS that requires one to install several different 3rd party programs just to keep it secure and prevent it from from becoming infected, "good". When even the producer of the OS admits that some problems can't be fixed and the answer is to reinstall the OS on a regular basis, "good" definitely doesn't come to mind. I'd say it is acceptable to use if you take the proper precautions, but "good" just doesn't work. Mind you, I still use Win 2K and XP daily in a corporate environment and problems STILL exist with the locked down machines, so I'm not some random "Mac Head" throwing stones here.

    Now, if you secure it, it may be good, but the fact that you even need to secure it, in my mind, prevents me from considered it good.

    And I'm sorry, if you come to a forum called "Mac-Forums" and can't stand people disliking an MS OS, then maybe you don't need to be here to begin with.
    I totally agree with you, baggss...
    I personnally think that, since the whole MacIntel and BootCamp stuff came up, there's way too much Windows-talk around here, and with about maybe 5-10% of them being usefull posts, the rest's just crap talking filling up the forum's server...

    I'm not bashing Windows, every OS has it's good and bad sides...nevertheless this is a Mac forum...please keep that in mind when posting.

  15. #15
    Running Windows on my iMac!
    dtravis7's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 04, 2005
    Location
    Modesto, Ca.
    Posts
    28,482
    Specs:
    iMac late 2007 10.11.b4, iMac 2008 10.10.5, Macbook2007 10.7.5, Mac Mini 10.7.5, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Avalon
    I totally agree with you, baggss...
    I personnally think that, since the whole MacIntel and BootCamp stuff came up, there's way too much Windows-talk around here, and with about maybe 5-10% of them being usefull posts, the rest's just crap talking filling up the forum's server...

    I'm not bashing Windows, every OS has it's good and bad sides...nevertheless this is a Mac forum...please keep that in mind when posting.

    That is one thing I have to completely agree with. I wish down inside that Apple could have worked something out and stuck with IBM CPU's. The whole move to Intel and now Boot Camp has caused way too much Windows talk in the Mac community. Since Apple did go to Intel and with so much Windows out there in the world, I can understand some people need Windows for their work and it does make it nice to have one system that does both, but it's triggered way to much talk about Windows and fighting on Mac Forums I visit. I really don't like fighting and arguing at all. I really love to help people with their problems and questions with Mac's and OSX.

    Windows is a Very good OS and clearly the best Windows ever. But, this is a Mac forum and we should keep it Apple/Mac related unless someone needs help with BootCamp or whatever. A little talk here and there is ok, but a lot of this will just end up in a war.

    I have my Windows systems for some work I HAVE to do and gaming, but it's the Mac and OSX that drew me to these forums and that I use Daily and love.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Running Windows 7 on my iMac
    By Ihaznerd in forum Running Windows (or anything else) on your Mac
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-16-2011, 02:51 PM
  2. no sound when running windows on iMac
    By metsfan12 in forum Running Windows (or anything else) on your Mac
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-31-2011, 12:40 PM
  3. iMac running Windows
    By Spook in forum OS X - Operating System
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-17-2009, 08:37 AM
  4. which app to use on the iMac for running windows
    By steerod in forum Running Windows (or anything else) on your Mac
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-13-2008, 01:35 PM
  5. Running Windows on my iMac!
    By BlindingLights in forum Schweb's Lounge
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 04-19-2006, 05:40 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •