Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    minerva
    Guest
    so many questions...
    1) when i try to trash something it says i do not have sufficient privledges to delete items. i am the administrator. ...???

    2) i can burn music CDs but not data files i get error message -09. im in X with 9 running in background

    3) i downloaded 10.1.1 upgrade and when it says SELECT DESTINATION my harddrive is grayed out

    can any one help me out?

  2. #2
    so many questions...
    schweb's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 27, 2002
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Posts
    13,190
    Specs:
    MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
    Well for the first one, I would goto the Disk utility and run Repair Permissions. That should help!
    schweb | community leader
    flickr facebook twitter tumblr google+ about.me

    Mac-Forums: On Twitter | On Facebook | On Flickr


  3. #3
    minerva
    Guest
    10.1.1 installer
    when i install 10.1.1 upgrade and it gets to the select a destination screen, my hard drive is grayed out.

    any thoughts?

  4. #4
    minerva
    Guest
    emptying trash
    when i go to empty trash it says i do not have "sufficient privlidges". isnt there a keyboard stroke to override that? the one i thought was correct isnt working. thanks!

  5. #5
    so many questions...
    Graphite's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 25, 2003
    Location
    Tropical Island, Jealous?
    Posts
    5,279
    Specs:
    MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display
    well im shur you can go and get permission in the file. If that doesnt work just restart.

  6. #6
    minerva
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Graphite
    well im shur you can go and get permission in the file. If that doesnt work just restart.

    the problem is there are 100s of files. these are my old roommates files on my machine, im the administrator so it shouldnt be a problem right? i thought there was some keyboard shortcut/stroke like OPTION when emptying that allowed you to override that.

    ive tried restarting.

  7. #7
    so many questions...
    schweb's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 27, 2002
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Posts
    13,190
    Specs:
    MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
    Have you tried repairing permissions?
    schweb | community leader
    flickr facebook twitter tumblr google+ about.me

    Mac-Forums: On Twitter | On Facebook | On Flickr


  8. #8
    minerva
    Guest
    where is disk utility? i dont see it in system prefs?

  9. #9
    goodolebwinches
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by minerva
    where is disk utility? i dont see it in system prefs?
    In your start-up screen(the one that has a blue apple at the top with "Finder" to its' right.
    1. Go over to the right and click "GO".
    2. Go down the menu and click "Applications".
    3. In the menu that opens click on "Utilities".
    4. In the menu that opens click on "Disk Utility".
    5. In the menu that opens, your drive will be to the left. It will have a line with your hard drive size and another line with your your drive's name. Highlight your hard drive's name with a single click.
    6. Go over to "First Aid" at the top and click.
    7. Click "Verify Disk Permissions" and let it runs its' course.
    8. Click "Repair Disk Permissions" if nessesary.

  10. #10
    minerva
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by goodolebwinches
    In your start-up screen(the one that has a blue apple at the top with "Finder" to its' right.
    1. Go over to the right and click "GO".
    2. Go down the menu and click "Applications".
    3. In the menu that opens click on "Utilities".
    4. In the menu that opens click on "Disk Utility".
    5. In the menu that opens, your drive will be to the left. It will have a line with your hard drive size and another line with your your drive's name. Highlight your hard drive's name with a single click.
    6. Go over to "First Aid" at the top and click.
    7. Click "Verify Disk Permissions" and let it runs its' course.
    8. Click "Repair Disk Permissions" if nessesary.
    Thank you for that...but when i go into FIRST AID there is STOP, REPAIR and VERIFY (no verify disk permissions) but they are all grayed out.

    any thoughts?

  11. #11
    goodolebwinches
    Guest
    1. Once "First Aid" is selected, go over to the left and select your hard drive by the name you gave it.
    2. I hope that the "Verify Disk Permissions" will become accessible now.
    3. If not, let me know.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Switch to Mac - questions, questions
    By bscrabble in forum Switcher Hangout
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-29-2013, 06:43 AM
  2. Switch to Mac - questions, questions
    By bscrabble in forum Apple Desktops
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-28-2013, 09:40 AM
  3. Mac book questions and general questions.
    By tennis100 in forum Switcher Hangout
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-27-2011, 08:30 PM
  4. Leopard 10.6, Blackberry Storm, iSync, Questions, I've Got Questions
    By hookbill in forum OS X - Operating System
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-20-2009, 10:19 AM
  5. questions about how to save edits in Aperture (and a few other questions)
    By Doug b in forum Images, Graphic Design, and Digital Photography
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-10-2008, 10:24 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •