Memory reading 0 Mhz??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Intel Core Duo 2Ghz 20", MacBook Intel Core 2 Duo 2Ghz 13"
When I click on the Apple Icon and click "About this Mac" It shows that I have 1GB of memory installed, which I do, but at 0 Mhz. That can't be right. So I ran the hardware test twice and no problems found. I even checked the hardware profile and it reads 667 Mhz. Possibly a glich?

I have an iMac Intel Core Duo 2Ghz w/ 1g of memory.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
I would say probably a glitch.. but I will ask any way... did you install the ram yourself or get it from apple?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" C2D 2.4 ghz 2gb iMac 20" C2D 2GB 256MB Graphics Macbook C2D 2GB Powermac G4 Dual 450
yea as long as your computer is running fine, its just a glitch.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook 2GB, Mac Pro 2.66Ghz 3GB X1900.
You could try zapping the PRAM.

Since Macs don't have a BIOS with user configurable memory timings, I believe they either detect it from the module or use a fixed CAS timing (not sure which). In this case it obviously can't detect the speed of it.

OP
G
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Intel Core Duo 2Ghz 20", MacBook Intel Core 2 Duo 2Ghz 13"
Not a big deal to me really. It runs just fine. Its a Viking value memory stick, self installed. I did have 2 x 1g sticks at one point, then I started having errors, did a system diag. and found the one of the sticks is bad. So I returned that one and never really got a chance to get another stick. I plan on upgrading using Apple memory this time 2x1g sticks and sell the Viking so their matching.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.