350d

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
soon to be: 20'' 2.16ghz 1gb ram 250 harddrive.
i connected my 350d up to the mac for the first time today, but it is not recognising that it is there. do i have to download the drivers?

OP
photojunkie
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
soon to be: 20'' 2.16ghz 1gb ram 250 harddrive.
i've realised that i can download photos with iphoto, but i want to use the software that came with the camera, image browser etc.

M

MacHeadCase

Through OS X's Image Capture app, you can tell the system which program will download your photos to your Mac.

Just launch it, you'll find the settings in its preferences.

I have the Rebel XT as well except I don't plug in the camera, I use a media card reader but it should work the same.

Image_Capture.png

Reaction score
I've got a similar problem. My EOS 20D isn't recognised either.

If I look in the EOS software on the computer it sees there is a 20D there, but any attempt to access it doesn't work. I use a card reader to get the pics off, but when plugged in OS X creates the recyle bins etc on the drive, so I always reformat it when I put it back in the camera.

I haven't been able to get my remote control software working, which is annoying as I used it on my old windows laptop no trouble.

iPhoto doesn't always work for me, and I don't really like it anyway.

I'd be interested to find out the solution (if any).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone
hmm, I had a similar problem with a D200. Have you updated to 10.4.9? I think they added some more DSLR support with the update. If you have, try a card reader. I am kind of at a loss after that.
Bryan

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.