I can't change my Account Picture...

Reaction score
I can't change my account picture...either by going to System Preferences>Accounts or by taking a picture in photobooth and clicking "Account Picture". I can, however, change the account picture System Preferences>Accounts as long as it is an Apple Picture that is preset. Can anyone help me to figure out why I can no longer change it to a custom photo?

Reaction score
G'day Specialk51288,

Does your account have full Administrator privileges?

When you go to System Preferences>Accounts and highlight your account in the left pane .... is the padlock at the bottom locked or open?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
Wow! That is the FIRST time I have EVER heard of ANYONE solving their problem by repairing permissions - despite the constant "prescription" of this fix for everything but world hunger. I am extremely pleased that this antidote actually works from time to time! Thanks for posting back your solution Specialk51288!

Reaction score
Same problem can't change the picture

I am interested to hear that you fixed your problem as I have exactly the same problem, except your solution did not work for me - has anyone else had a problem like this - thanks

Reaction score
Changing my Mac photo ID in Mac OSx - not working!

I am interested to hear that you fixed your problem as I have exactly the same problem, except your solution did not work for me - has anyone else had a problem like this - thanks

I too am having the same problem ... and I "am" set as Administrator level.
There is no option except for "default, recent, or camera".
What happened to the FINDER option? Seriously? I don't want a camera headshot every time I update this.

And the fix above, however clever, didn't work for me either.
HELP?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.