• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Watched any 1080p on a Mac?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" Core Duo Macbook Pro
I just watched a few 1080p trailers of films from the Apple website. Even on my 1680 x 1050 20" monitor the quality is stunning! It must be mind-blowing through a good 1080p TV.

Can anyone share their 1080p experiences on different screens?

The great thing is my MBP 17" plays 1080p .mov files without dropping a frame! I'd like to see my windows machine do that!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Powerbook G4 • 24" iMac • iPhone 3Gs
I have a PowerMac G5 connected to my 42" Westinghouse LVM-42w2 (1080p LCD) via a DVI cable.

I downloaded the 1080p trailer for 300, a movie coming out in March. It looked ridiculously good!

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" Core Duo Macbook Pro
I have a PowerMac G5 connected to my 42" Westinghouse LVM-42w2 (1080p LCD) via a DVI cable.

I downloaded the 1080p trailer for 300, a movie coming out in March. It looked ridiculously good!

What does normal OS X look like through a 1080p TV? Is it blurred? I put a PC through a 720p Dell TV and it didn't look good.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Powerbook G4 • 24" iMac • iPhone 3Gs
My PowerMac connected through DVI looks exactly like it does connected to my 17" Apple Display, just bigger.

Perfectly sharp, colors pop brilliantly, text is small-but easy to read for me, and it's gigantic... :)

720p TVs are usually around 1400 x 768, which is not high enough res to look good if you're above 32".

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" Core Duo Macbook Pro
Excellent!

I don't think you can get those Westinghouse TVs in England yet . . . I've read a couple of reviews though and they came out on top! I hope something similar comes out here late next year as I should have the cash to buy one by then.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.