Wifi is connected, but internet is not working

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Early 2011 13 inch MacBook Pro i5 with 8gb of Ram
I'm on a 2011 MacBook Pro and all of a sudden after restarting my computer the internet stopped working, but I am able to connect to my wifi router. I tried Network Diagnostics and the last two connections have a red dot next to them. The last one I'm able to get a green dot for is the ISP. I have tried doing multiple resets, including an SMC reset. I have also tried deleting my router and adding it again. I just tried resetting my router. My computer is the only one that is not able to connect to the internet. My desktop, PC laptop, and iPod touch can all connect. Another weird problem is that my Microsoft Word has all of a sudden gotten an error. Whenever I open it, all my previously opened documents open up, and then I get an error message. It happens every time. Also, I do not have any proxies checked in my preferences. I have also deleted the SystemConfigurations folder with no luck. Repaired permissions with no luck. I also have the same IP that my router has assigned to my MBP for a while. Please help.

EDIT: Chrome works but Safari and Firefox do not. ???

Thanks

Last edited:
Reaction score
Wifi

Restart your computer, if it is still not working, shut it down. When you turn it back on, try and connect to the internet but type your internet password. It should hopefully work then! :)

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Early 2011 13 inch MacBook Pro i5 with 8gb of Ram
Ha, nooo. I've done that. It turns out I was missing an important file, mDNSResponder. I just finished a clean install.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.