Can't burn music CD

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2015 MBP Yosemite
I'm sure this has been discussed before but I can't find anything so ...

My MacBook Pro (OS 10.6.8) will burn music on regular Memorex CD-R but not on a Memorex Music CD-R. iTunes (11.0.3) does not recognize the disc as blank even though it is new. I've tried other discs from the package.
I've looked at all the settings in Disk Utilities, System Preferences and iTunes and everything seems correct.
Any thoughts?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2012 Mac Mini: 500GB-8GH : iPad 2 64GB
Sounds very strange...

No idea what would be causing that, but my simplest suggestion would be to take the CD's back where you bought them and tell them that they don't work.

Hopefully this helped..

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Someone will correct me if I am wrong but I don't think there is any technical differences between regular CD-R and those music CDs. At one time I think a portion of the price of the music discs went to reimburse the industry for lost sales.

Reaction score
Well clearly theres some difference since they do not work. Just take them back to the store you bought them from, and get a refund.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.