iPhoto, transfer photos to iPad for editing...then what?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2009 13" MBP with SSD
How do you transfer the edited photos back to iPhoto on Mac? Does it just do it automatically?

I like the editing on the iPad, in fact, I prefer it, but its just a bit unclear what you can do to transfer the edited photos back to the main iPhoto library on the Mac :Confused::\

C

chas_m

The iOS version of iPhoto offers a "save to Camera Roll" for the edited picture. The Camera Roll, of course, is synced with iPhoto so when you re-sync you'll have the edited picture.

OP
MDJCM
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2009 13" MBP with SSD
Ah right, that's odd isn't it. That seems to me like a strange/complicated way of doing it.

I understand that syncing is fairly straight-forward but it seems daft to me that they havent implemented a way for the edited photos to make their way back as edited versions of the original photos.

Imagine adding an album to/event from iPhoto Mac to iPhoto iOS, editing the photos on the iPad, then wanting them to just sync back to the original album updated as edited versions.

Seems logical to me

OP
MDJCM
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2009 13" MBP with SSD

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.