Strange wireless/ethernet problems

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
So I just got back after a month of vacation and am suddenly having some problems with the internet. While I was gone my roommates reconfigured the router but I do not know if that is the problem.

When I start up the computer I am most often able to go online for a little while and then it just stops working. Sometimes it helps if I restart the mac but not always, and never for a very long time.

I tried using openDNS but get an error saying my DNS IP and HTTP IP doesn't match.
When I plug in the cable directly from the router (not the wireless one) I can't connect because it's saying I have a manually configured IP address. I checked my ethernet preferences and it is set to USING DHCP.

The ethernet and wireless at work works fine it is only the home connection I can't get to work. Also when it says it cant load the page I am actually still online since I can have things downloading, and use ADIUM. Just cant load the pages.

Does anyone have any idea how I can fix this?

Best regards,
Lonnie

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 17" 2011, 2.3GHz Intel Quad-Core i7, 8GB RAM, MacMini 2011, 2.7GHz Intel Dual-Core i7, 8GB RAM
kick your roommate in the ****.

Reset the router back to factory and set it back up again, but this time, DONT TELL THE ROOMMATE what the password is.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.