Flash Not Working with Firefox 4

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2013)
Hi guys,

I recently decided to install firefox 4, now that a few more of the addons I use have been updated to work with it. For some reason though, neither flash or quicktime player seem to work anymore. I have reinstalled both and still nothing. Anyone else having/had the same problem? Any thoughts?

Cheers.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Go to the url about:plugins and take a look through that list to see if Flash and QT are recognized. Flash will be listed as "Shockwave Flash" and QT will be listed as "QuickTime Plug-in."

You can also try this plug-in checker on the Mozilla website.

OP
orbit79
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2013)
Go to the url about:plugins and take a look through that list to see if Flash and QT are recognized. Flash will be listed as "Shockwave Flash" and QT will be listed as "QuickTime Plug-in."

You can also try this plug-in checker on the Mozilla website.

Thanks for that. I checked used both methods and noticed that quicktime was in each but flash was missing. Interestingly enough, quicktime started working after checking. With regards to flash, I noticed there was an unnamed plugin listed so I deleted it, uninstalled flash, and reinstalled. It worked.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.