WD Worldbook backup drive

Reaction score
I purchased a 2TB Western Digital NAS box (of sorts) called the WD "My World Book". I plugged it into the local LAN and the first iMac I set up worked great (ie: Time Machine found it and it all just worked).

Now on Mac #2 and #3 Time Machine doesn't appear to see the main partition on the remote drive. It finds the "WD_Backup" partition, but that's small and trying to use it as a backup destination give me "Error 2".

I guess my question, then, is whether only one Time Machine can back up to a particular location. Since the first machine has a different name, I figured I would have "iMacone.Sparsebundle" and "iMacTwo.Sparsebundle" and so on all in the same spot, but no luck so far.

I tried installing the disc that came with the drive (even though the first Mac didn't need it), but it only contains some WD proprietary backup software, and I really want Time Machine to work.

I'm sort of a Mac newbie... so any insight would be much appreciated!

Thanks,
Dave

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.