touch error

Reaction score
Hi!

My iPad has a problem. about 2 cm from the right side of the display (or the upper one if I put it horizontally) my display randomly detects wrong 'touches'.
I installed 'DrawIt! FREE' to check and indeed, random dots show up (all in one line) and eventually a whole line gets painted.
Looks like a hardware problem :( ... what's odd is, that if I turn the device the error moves to another place on the display.

How annoying, I'm in Europe and can't just walk in an apple store.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 08 macbook 2.0 4gig 320hdd10.7.3 32 gig iPhone 4s
If the issue is moving to a different part of the screen as you change orientation then it sounds like more of a software issue as opposed to hardware. Perhaps its time for a full restore with a fresh download of the OS and not from a back-up . It cant hurt...

Hope this helps
Clay

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPad 32 GB 3G
Are you perhaps touching it in that spot while you turn it on? Maybe where you grip it at while holding it has something to do with it. Just an idea.

OP
S
Reaction score
Well, I was wrong. The problem does not move, only the line that alrady has been drawn does.. if course that's completely logical and unfortunately that points to a hardware problem.
I've already done several restores, this time even a DFU restore. And I didn't sync anything except the drawing program.. By the way I first discovered the problem while looking at a webpage when all the time links were opened that I didn't click on. the drawing program was just to check.

And no, I'm not unintentionally touching it, it also happens if it's just lying on a table in another room.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.