Internet sharing?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
See Signature.
I'm not exactly sure how to connect my (gasp) Windows PC to my Mac for internet sharing. My Mac is connected to my wireless through an AirPort card, and I am trying to get it to go through to my PC via an Ethernet cable. I don't know if I did something wrong, or my cable's bad, but the PC won't show it's connected to anything. Anyone have any ideas as to what's wrong? I went through System Preferences, Sharing, Services, and checked Internet Sharing. I went to Internet and selected that I wanted the internet to go through the AirPort on the Mac to the Ethernet jack, and through the cord to the PC. Am I missing a step?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
Pretty sure it is covered here if u want to splash out the $15

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
See Signature.
Um, not exactly what I was looking for. My Mac is hooked up to the internet via the airport card, and I want it to go through the ethernet port. I'm not setting up a network. I already have one, and I don't really trust my IT department with my home network password. I want it to connect through my Mac so I don't have to type in my password, just that I can plug it into my Mac and use the internet that way. To put it simply, I want it to go through the Mac's ethernet port, through the cable, and to my PC's ethernet plugin.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
See Signature.
So it turns out all the settings were right, and it wasn't the cable, it was the PC. Thanks for all the help, and I'll probably tell them to unlock the ethernet port on Monday.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.