Quicktime Problems

Reaction score
When i installed SL, it installed Quicktime X on my hard drive automatically. I've never liked it, so i never used it, because i already had Quicktime 7 Pro, which i prefer to use. Anyway, i deleted Quicktime Pro by accident, and when i tried to install it again, i get the following message...

Screenshot2010-01-12at114500.png

Now for some reason, when i accidentally deleted Quicktime Pro, with AppZapper, it deleted Quicktime X too. Now i can't install Quicktime 7 because of the message above. I don't have Quicktime X, and the Software Update doesn't show anything. I can't install Quicktime X again because i've lost my SL disc.

I don't understand why it won't let me reinstall Quicktime 7, when the message shown makes no sense. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Reaction score
When i installed SL, it installed Quicktime X on my hard drive automatically. I've never liked it, so i never used it, because i already had Quicktime 7 Pro, which i prefer to use. Anyway, i deleted Quicktime Pro by accident, and when i tried to install it again, i get the following message...

Screenshot2010-01-12at114500.png

Now for some reason, when i accidentally deleted Quicktime Pro, with AppZapper, it deleted Quicktime X too. Now i can't install Quicktime 7 because of the message above. I don't have Quicktime X, and the Software Update doesn't show anything. I can't install Quicktime X again because i've lost my SL disc.

I don't understand why it won't let me reinstall Quicktime 7, when the message shown makes no sense. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Have you tried using Software Update? I think you may have issues installing Quicktime 7 on a modern mac. You could also check your original OSX Install disk for software as I believe there may be a folder called Additional Software (or something like that..)

OP
C
Reaction score
Yeh i tried Software Update and nothing comes up. I'll have a look for my OSX disk. In my opinion QTP is essential, and i don't understand why there is no SL support for it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.