Question on Diablo 2

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Intel Core 2 Duo.
Does anyone know of a way to run Diablo 2 on OSX without using parallels or bootcamp? I've been dying to play it, and I have tried bootcamp but it slowed down my mac and took up so much space that it wasn't worth it.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Does anyone know of a way to run Diablo 2 on OSX without using parallels or bootcamp? I've been dying to play it, and I have tried bootcamp but it slowed down my mac and took up so much space that it wasn't worth it.

Sure...just purchase Diablo 2 for the Macintosh...problem solved!!!:)

I've been playing Diablo 2 on & off for the last 9 years on the Macintosh with OS 9 & OS X...since Diablo 2 was released in 2000.

- Nick

OP
G
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sure...just purchase Diablo 2 for the Macintosh...problem solved!!!:)

I've been playing Diablo 2 on & off for the last 9 years on the Macintosh with OS 9 & OS X...since Diablo 2 was released in 2000.

- Nick
Crap... sorry, let me elaborate...
Diablo 2 and its expansion pack LoD, runs on OS 9, NOT OSX as it is a very old game. I was wondering if there was a way to run OS 9 games on OSX without the use of a windows. Sorry for not being specific earlier!

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Crap... sorry, let me elaborate...
Diablo 2 and its expansion pack LoD, runs on OS 9, NOT OSX as it is a very old game. I was wondering if there was a way to run OS 9 games on OSX without the use of a windows. Sorry for not being specific earlier!

Wrong again my friend!:)

Diablo 2 & the expansion set "Lord of Destruction"...both run in OS X...and have for years & years. Just buy yourself the Diablo 2 Battle Chest.

Here's a link to Blizzard.com. Check at the bottom of the page for Macintosh system requirements...you'll see that it says 10.3.9 and higher:

Blizzard Entertainment: Diablo 2

Hope this helps,

- Nick

OP
G
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hmm i guess it wasn't working due to the lack of updates... oh well, you are a LIFESAVER! I can finally get back on my necro that I had 4 years ago on b.net! If i could I would hug you right now!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.