Programing Language Help

Reaction score
Hello. I am trying to make a simple file organizer for scanned files. Basically what I would like to do is scan something then have a dialogue box ask some questions and put the file in the appropriate spot.
What language would be the best for this? I would like to learn one anyways so it will be a good goal (I understand that it will take awhile before I will be able to do this). Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15", 2.33 GHz, 2Gb
I don't think the web design forum is right for this question, but if you want to design on a Mac, you are probably looking at Objective-C and Cocoa.

Reaction score
Yes, web design doesn't sem to be the right forum. As far as languages though, i think Java or C++ will work (not positive about Java but i think it could manage). I'm not sure what the best is, though. I do know your mac probably comes with a C++ compiler already on it through terminal (i think) so you may just want to do that.

OP
B
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. Maybe a mod will move the thread (I should have posted it in the software development section) . Will just normal C work or will i have to learn C++?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid
Since you placed this question in the web design section, I'm going to assume you are thinking of using a web page for this rather than doing this locally on your Mac.

There isn't a particular 'best language' for this. I'd recommend Perl or PHP simply because of all the sources for information available. Learning a scripting language is a good place to start programming.

OP
B
Reaction score
I've started learning C, and will hopefully soon move to Objective-C. I am using XCode to write/compile. Thanks Again.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.