• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Help me decide what mainstay laptop to get

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
933 Mhz Powermac Quicksilver,1.5GB RAM, OSX 10.5, Tangerine 300MHz Clamshell, OS 9.2
Yes yes that's right I said a MAINSTAY laptop...Meaning I want it at least for a month or two. I have $350 to spend and I'm heavily leaning towards getting another 1GHz TiBook because it's seemingly perfect for me right now

I guess I was too tired to figure out how to make the poll thingy work....
I love the 15" screens so I'd be enraged if I was stuck with an iBook with a 12" screen...blah no way.
But seriously, I'm open to all suggestions.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
You're kidding, right? How many "help me decide" threads have you had in this forum now?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.66 GHz... Running 10.5.7

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
i thought you loved the macbook you had, or one of them anyway.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Sell all your cruddy broken laptops and just get one that works.

The amount of time you spend tinkering with dying machines seems to be more hassle than its worth!
Personally I'd stay away from TiBooks: They were beautiful machines, but known for issues with display connectors and hinges - and your experiences would seem to confirm that.

Get a nice 13" Macbook: Unlike the iBook (1024x768), the Macbook's 1280x800 screen resolution is higher than that of the tiBook (1152x768), so you'll actually be able to fit more on the screen. Plus they're intel, so they'll be able to run new apps and OS's for quite a while...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
Look back at the 3rd or 4th thread you made asking for suggestions. There was some pretty good responses there. ;)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.