My mobile me email address is [email protected]. itunes keeps syncing [email protected] to phone

Reaction score
I have a new mobile me email address. I like the service, i've missed push mail ever since i sold my htc wizard to get the 1st gen iphone.

I have leopard installed on my computer. I have all syncing options enabled to my brand new mobile me account. Its new enough that my address is [email protected] and i do not have a [email protected] address. When i connect my iphone to itunes, click the information tab and click the check box next to mobile me account it says "([email protected])." This makes the outgoing smtp server refuse to send my mail from my iphone. If i use a different smtp server, the return address is still [email protected] so people's replies never get to me. It works on my mac using the mail application because it correctly has my address listed as [email protected]. I have tried deleting the email account off of my phone, then off of my computer, then re-adding the account to my computer and syncing back to my phone but itunes still thinks my address is [email protected]. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks for any help or even reading my post

ps. I was having the problem with firmware 2.02 installed. I hoped 2.1 would fix it. It didn't. I am using itunes 8.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro -- 2 Ghz Intel Core Duo / 2 GB Ram / 320GB HD -- iPhone 3G Black 16GB
I have the same problem.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MBP unibody
Besides being annoying, I don't really see why this is or would cause any problems. I had a .Mac address which turned into a MobileMe, on my iTunes it still says [email protected] but it is really [email protected] - no syncing issues just annoying.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.