External hard drive problem

Reaction score
Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone's experienced problems using Freecom external hard drive with Leopard?

I was running my 160GB Freecom with Tiger no probs. However since upgrading to Leopard when it is connected it seems to cause problems with the software including the CS3 suite, mail, safari etc... will not quit or force quit and I have to force restart. This doesn't seem to happen when it's not connected.

Any ideas? Are there any known compatibility issues?

Cheers :(

Reaction score
shouldnt be an issue.

is there an software on the actual hard drive? or is it just straight drag and drop into the drive?

if there is any software on the drive. remove it because it is unneeded on macs and pcs. its there for the people who are new to computers usually

OP
P
Reaction score
Hello,

No there is no software on the drive, I just drag and drop onto it to back up work. I have also noticed that sometimes when I try to eject the Freecom to turn it off it won't eject. Usually after this happens I start having probs with the programs not quitting etc...

I have had the Freecom turned off for a couple of days now and there are no problems so I can only assume it is something to do with this :Confused:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.