mini good? will the 450$ for for the iMac be worth it?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
none as of yet
^Topic

I'm looking into getting a Mac this summer (in about a month) The budget isn't really a problem because I've saved up part timer job money for almost a year now. The mac mini, with kb/m iwork and a moniter (non-apple one) came to 950$CND. The low end imac comes to about 1,400$CND. The big screen is nice but is it really worth 450$ extra.

The mini has a 120GB HDD the imac is 250GB. I know the imac is a lot more but I don't tend to use a ton of space anyway.

What do you guys think?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook C2D 2GHz 2GB RAM 80GB HDD
Well, for that extra $450 you also get a dedicated graphics card, more RAM, a built in iSight, a nice LCD monitor and a few other goodies. It really comes down to whether the extra features are worth it to you or not.

What do you plan on using your Mac for?

Reaction score
This is a tough question because a lot of people probably ask themselves this question when shopping for a new Mac desktop. I know I did, especially thinking budget-wise. It all comes down to what you'll be using the computer for and how important the extra features are to you.

OP
iguy
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
none as of yet
I'm intrested in garage band and maybe I'll mess witth iphoto of imovie. also i'll be using iwok and basic internet browsing....possiblely flash

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
'11 Macbook Pro i5 2.3 GHZ, 4GB, 10.10.4
As in viewing flash?

You should be fine with the Mac Mini. The other programs don't really need an awesome video card.

OP
iguy
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
none as of yet
as in creating flash content like short animations, or maybe toon boom express instead

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.