HELP!!! I deleted my external HD partition and can't get it back!!!

Reaction score
Oh my god i need help!!!
I made a BIG mistake using Disk Utility... i am new to Mac (macbook pro) i obviously don't know how to use all the programs...
I thought i could make a partition on my 500gb external HD while keeping the 250gb of stuff i had on it (from my PC)
Disk Utility asked me if i wanted to do a partition on this drive and i thought it said that 'this partition will not be deleted'...
Anyway after partioning the HD in 2, 420gb and 80gb, i found myself with 2 empty partitions...
I tried some progs meant to recover deleted partitions and such but nothing did.... Everything should still be on my hard drive as i did not touched it.

Please help me recover my beloved stuff.
Thanks

JJR

OP
J
Reaction score
So no one know how to fix this problem?
I found lots of website that apparently can do it but i don't see the point of paying for this... I am sure it is easy to do, very simple but how and with which program???

Reaction score
PhotoRec is what you need. (It's not only for photo's)

1. Read the manual.
2. Make sure you have enough drive space (somewhere) to copy entire drive.

Hope this helps (it did for me)

Robbie

OP
J
Reaction score
Hi and thanks Robert, but actually no, it doesnt help as my problem is that i have erased my windows partition by mistake using Utility Disk.
I had 1 partition of 500gb before will all my stuff on it.
I now have 2 partition, 1 of 420gb and 1 of 80gb with, both, nothing on it :(
I need to come back into time and get my first partition back.
I don't mind coming back to only 1 partition as long as i can get back all my stuff.

Please help!!!!

OP
J
Reaction score
Thanks a lot Noels, this program is really good. It's the only one that found something on my Hard Drive. It's all mixed up now, all my data lost lost their directories etc... but at least i have them. it just gonna take me some time to rearrange everything.
Thanks a lot mate.
Jjr

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.