Accidental deletion of CoreWLAN

Reaction score
I did something really dumb. I deleted this file.

/System/Library/Frameworks/Core.WLAN.framework/Versions/Current/CoreWLAN

This file is used for WiFi I believe. I know this was dumb, I did not realise this was a file I thought it was a folder...

Anyway, I can not log back into my mac. When I start in safe mode after a half day it does not get me to the login screen.

When I start using Ctrl-S, I can see my files on the command line but only have read access, so I cant copy it back in from another mac.

I can't connect to online recovery because this file is missing.

Does anyone have any help for a poor dumb soul who can get into his mac book pro. 10.8

Thanks.

OP
E
Reaction score
This looks helpful, I can get into the recovery partition using the Option key.

In there I can open a command prompt, but how can I copy the missing file that exists in the recovery partition into the real partition?

OP
E
Reaction score
I don't have any backup.

I can see the file I need when I boot into the recovery partition and I have the file also on a USB key. I just need to get it copied to here on my normal Machintosh HD partition..

/System/Library/Frameworks/Core.WLAN.framework/Versions/Current/CoreWLAN

I do also have the option of reinstalling the OS, but I see this as a last resort..

Last edited:
OP
E
Reaction score
The problem is not that I don't know the cp command it is that when I am using the terminal in recovery mode I cannot see the location on the main partition where I want to copy the file to. If I could get a terminal open on the main partition that is not read-only and I can mount a USB I am happy but this does not seem possible.

OP
E
Reaction score
Got it, your help def got me on the right track. Using terminal when booted into the recovery partition I was able to navigate to the corrupt file on the Macintosh HD partition via

/Volumes/Machintosh Hd/.....

Then I copied the file from the recovery partition to there.

Back in action again, thanks for the help.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.