Tritton ax720 mic issues with Mac only

Reaction score
I just bought a Tritton ax720 headset with 5.1 digital surround. They work really well on my Xbox360, PS3, and even sound great on my Mac. My problem is that the microphone sounds incredibly bad on the Mac only. I'm relatively mac savvy and have spent the last hour or two researching this issue with no results. Anyone have any ideas? The only way to describe the audio issue is that it sounds like I'm a robot that echoes. It's very bad.

I've tried hooking it up with the included headphone/mic plugs, but Macs, just to be difficult, won't pick up the mic in the line-in port. Only amps and things of the like. They force you to use the built-in mic. So i had to hook it up to go through the ax720's amp via USB. This is where the problem occurs.

Through playing with different options, I was able to get the echoing to subside, but everything becoming terribly crackly. Again, this issue ONLY happens on my Mac but not on my systems.

Any ideas? I feel like I've tried everything.

Thanks, guys!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
You didn't indicate what Mac you have, but try using SoundSource to select which input device you want to use. It's a free download and runs in the menubar.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.