Dreamweaver Help

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP, 2.2Ghz, 2GB RAM20" iMac: 2.16 gHZ; 1GB RAM; 250 Gigz
I've been fooling around with Dreamweaver, but i have a problem. Is there a way to set the background of the entire page, without drawing a huge table? I've been drawing individual cells but I end up with white gaps in between them. Am I being unclear?

D

d-funct

not sure on a mac but if you press "Control + J" on the M$ version, brings up page properties ... everything you need is in there :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Pwnt
I'm not sure about the best way to do it throught the GUI but if you switch to code view and find the <body> tag near the top (it'll probably look something like <body bgcolor="#FFFFFF"> and maybe with some more attributes inside - put a background="file.jpg" inside (so it looks like <body background="file.jpg" bgcolor="#FFFFFF">). file.jpg has to be in the same directory as the html file you're editing. You could put it in a subfolder, 'images' and change the attribute to background="images/file.jpg".

S

stevieb

Goto the modify menu -> then page properties. Control J works on the XP version, apple J on the mac version.

Reaction score
In the property inspector select bgcolor........... well... im on pc till I get mac..

But from what I hear it is the same.

OP
PBG4MAN
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP, 2.2Ghz, 2GB RAM20" iMac: 2.16 gHZ; 1GB RAM; 250 Gigz
iRock said:
In the property inspector select bgcolor........... well... im on pc till I get mac..

But from what I hear it is the same.
thanks guys! I kinda figured this out a few minutes after I posted, but still.

C

ChicoWeb

Or define it in your CSS
Code:
body {
   background-color: #ccc;
   }

That way if you want to edit it later you will only have to do it from one place :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.