Why no games in Mac?

Reaction score
Not a big or important question but cannot but notice: Mac is the only system I have used (Windows, Linux, FreeBSD) that did not have at least some simple games included in its install. How come?? :confused:

Jem

Reaction score
Maybe you're looking in the wrong place or not running Tiger, but my install had a number of games included under the "Big Bang Board Games" folder in Applications.

I found this link though: http://www.freeverse.com/bbbg/ and it seems to imply you need to pay for them... I don't remember them being a trial, although I must admit I haven't played them since the first week of ownership...

(I don't have access to my iMac in work... :()

OP
PapaNoHair
Reaction score
Jem said:
Maybe you're looking in the wrong place or not running Tiger, but my install had a number of games included under the "Big Bang Board Games" folder in Applications.

I found this link though: http://www.freeverse.com/bbbg/ and it seems to imply you need to pay for them... I don't remember them being a trial, although I must admit I haven't played them since the first week of ownership...

(I don't have access to my iMac in work... :()

Thanks - unfortunately I am running 10.3.9.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Mac OS X does come with Chess, so there is at least one game you should already have. Also, the consumer line of computers usually comes with a bundled package that includes some demos and sometimes a full game or two. I had an iBook a couple years ago that came with demos for Jedi Academy, Marble X and a full version of THPS:4.
Check your install media and see if they are there.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook
yeah, I got the full version of Tony Hawk 4 with my iBook 3 years ago. I've heard that the macbooks (not so sure about other intel macs) aren't crash hot when it comes to graphics cards or graphics processing. Maybe that's why they don't come with much.

The halo demo ran much smoother on my 1ghz (256 ram I think) iBook than it did on my 2hz with 1gig of ram. I prefer consoles for such games anyway.

There are plenty of good mac game sites around where you can pick up some nice titles for free. A couple should be automatically in safari bookmarks, but I find macgamefiles.com to be quite good. Slow server at times, but still good.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.