Defective battery

C

Cole Train

I purchased on eBay a battery that is devective. Upon installation, the battery menu says "No batteries installed". Currently I am using my dead battery (it holds a charge for about 3 minutes). Any suggestions on how to make the battery work? (The eBay seller is being an absolute jerk and not standing behind his warranty - ask and I'll share his user name.)

OP
L

lzasitko

batteries

Cole Train said:
I purchased on eBay a battery that is devective. Upon installation, the battery menu says "No batteries installed". Currently I am using my dead battery (it holds a charge for about 3 minutes). Any suggestions on how to make the battery work? (The eBay seller is being an absolute jerk and not standing behind his warranty - ask and I'll share his user name.)

I have heard that you can sometimes zap a battery with house voltage and it will get them working again, just momentary contact. I have done this to a battery pack for a Newton OMP and it worked, at least for a while untii I found another pack. Not many (not even me) recommend this as batteries could explode!

Post his name anyways, it would give us an idea of who to avoid!

Larry Zasitko

OP
C

Cole Train

The users eBay ID is bobsbid1. I emailed him within hours after discovering the battery wasn't working. We agreed that I should send the battery back but if he discovered the battery was in working condition, he would bill me for shipping a new battery to me. I then asked for his shipping address and he never responded. I asked twice more and still got no response. In the meantime, I had to send my iBook to Apple for repair. When I got it back, I emailed him again and he told me that the warranty had expired. He has since given me the run around and again is not responding to my emails.

Definitely a user to avoid!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.