ipad warranty

Reaction score
If my 1-year warranty for my ipad 3, does not cover accidental damages such as broken or cracked screen, then why after doing their online diagnostic of my ipad, did they give me a repair number and asked i ship it in?

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Given the limited info in your post...the only thing I can guess is...they will certainly be willing to charge your credit card for the repairs.

- Nick

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
And what you will likely get back is a refurb iPad, not the one you send in.

C

chas_m

If my 1-year warranty for my ipad 3, does not cover accidental damages such as broken or cracked screen, then why after doing their online diagnostic of my ipad, did they give me a repair number and asked i ship it in?

There are a number of possible explanations:

1. They are being EXCEPTIONALLY nice to you.

2. They discovered some other flaw in the machine that a warranty *would* cover, and so are ignoring the user abuse/drop/accident and replacing the machine for you, which is EXCEPTIONALLY nice of them.

3. They *didn't* find any other flaw but are willing to fix the screen for a charge as a courtesy.

And possibly something else I haven't thought of. In any event, I'd suggest getting the AppleCare+ for this tablet if you still can.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.