NetLibrary + WMA DRM - Help?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook - 15" (last ppc), iMac 20" w/ intel, iPod 5G
My public library has hundreds of audiobooks available for download on its website. I've downloaded one, but I cannot play it on my mac. WMP doesn't work because it's a barebones version of the real thing and cannot play DRMed WMA files. Am I screwed as a mac owner or is there some workaround so I can listen to these? It's ridiculous that they've DRMed them considering they're available for free anyway. I wish Microsoft would stop shafting Mac users who want to play WMAs.

OP
solarith
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook - 15" (last ppc), iMac 20" w/ intel, iPod 5G
solarith said:
My public library has hundreds of audiobooks available for download on its website. I've downloaded one, but I cannot play it on my mac. WMP doesn't work because it's a barebones version of the real thing and cannot play DRMed WMA files. Am I screwed as a mac owner or is there some workaround so I can listen to these? It's ridiculous that they've DRMed them considering they're available for free anyway. I wish Microsoft would stop shafting Mac users who want to play WMAs.

nevermind. i'm just going to burn them to an audio cd with my old pc and rip them to DRMless files.

any squabbling about the legality of my solution will get this response--it's merely so i can do what i should have been able to do in the first place: play them on my computer.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.