dead screen - help!!

J

junipersuction

I bought a refurbished emac, and I had it for about 4 months then things started happening..... I was using photoshop one day and the screen started getting dimmer and dimmer until it faded away to nothing, i.e. a blank screen as if it wasn't turned on. Now, every time I start the computer it gets as far as the apple logo then the screen goes completely blank. The odd occasion it starts up ok, but the screen goes dead after 10 mins or so. The last time it started up ok I managed to erase the HD and re-install os x, but the blank screen is still happening. It manages to start-up in safe mode ok without the screen going dead. What gives??? I would really appreciate some help here as my college work is suffering. Can anyone help me???

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
I would try booting to single user terminal, restart holding Apple S and once in the terminal type /sbin/fsck -fy

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.4Ghz Black 4GB;iPod Touch 8GB;iPod mini 4GB silver;Logitech MX1000;
I think it must be the cable, it may have become lose. Send it to apple.

how much did you pay for it?

OP
M

Matt

That doesn't make sence if it boots up in safe Mode. Still, take it into the Apple store if all else fails.

OP
C

Clamshell62489

ya i would take it into apple. but if its the older versions of emac, didnt they have a display problem?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.4Ghz Black 4GB;iPod Touch 8GB;iPod mini 4GB silver;Logitech MX1000;
for the cable open the ran slot you will see it there

OP
J

junipersuction

Do you mean there might be a loose cable somewhere, near to where you insert the ram? And this might be causing the problem????

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.