Cam

Reaction score
My cam comes on occaisionally when i start it up. How do i prevent this from happening and how do i turn it off?

Reaction score
CouesFanatic said:
My cam comes on occaisionally when i start it up. How do i prevent this from happening and how do i turn it off?

My iMac doesn't have one, but you mean webcam?

How'd it go with the webcam recording?

OP
C
Reaction score
my macbookpro has a camera/webcam on top of the screen. I dunno why it turns on, it drives me crazy.

the screen capture thing worked out, once i got the right program. snap pro x2 worked for me.

Reaction score
CouesFanatic said:
my macbookpro has a camera/webcam on top of the screen. I dunno why it turns on, it drives me crazy.

the screen capture thing worked out, once i got the right program. snap pro x2 worked for me.

What are the available options in Hardware Mgr?

I'm glad snap pro worked for you. Could you please return to the other thread re: recording web cam and post that there in case someone else posts that same question...your solution might help them...

Reaction score
The cam should show in your Login Items in System Preferences/Accounts. Remove it from there to stop it launching at startup.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.